Did your high school guidance counselor mention this career?

According the website OpenTheBooks.com, lifeguards working for Los Angeles County have the potential to earn up to $392,000 per year including benefits. Also, they can retire after 30 years service as early as age 55 at 79% pay.
The highest paid lifeguard in Florida gets $118,000 and in New York City it's $168,000 per year.

I have two questions.
First, whose uncle do you need to know to get on the job?

Second, yeah, but can they take a feed?

According the website OpenTheBooks.com, lifeguards working for Los Angeles County have the potential to earn up to $392,000 per year including benefits. Also, they can retire after 30 years service as early as age 55 at 79% pay.
The highest paid lifeguard in Florida gets $118,000 and in New York City it's $168,000 per year.

I have two questions.
First, whose uncle do you need to know to get on the job?

Second, yeah, but can they take a feed?
1st gotta be able swim pretty good
2nd- take a feed......NO 😉
But that is insane numbers in CA

In high school we were taught by the LaSalle Christian Brothers. I didn't do so well in one class and had to bring a parent to the school for parents night. My dad was with me and the Brother asked me what I career I planned on after graduation. I replied that I was going to enter the Fire or Police Department . The Brother sarcastically replied " You want to be one of those bums? My dad, who had the highest respect for religious communities, really surprised the hell out of me when in front of the Brother said to me "Is this the B.S. you put up with everyday?" Somehow I did pass the course for the year without any further ado. I know this "teacher" couldn't take a feed as he was so full of himself.

A reader has noted that 183 Los Angeles County Firefighters make more money than Los Angeles Lifeguard Captain Daniel Douglas. In 2019, he took home $368,668.

And we wonder why California is going broke. Don't misunderstand me . . . I think firefighters, EMTs and lifeguards should be well paid for the work they do and the risks they take. But $368,668? o_O:whistle:

And we wonder why California is going broke. Don't misunderstand me . . . I think firefighters, EMTs and lifeguards should be well paid for the work they do and the risks they take. But $368,668? o_O:whistle:
crazy right