Dispatch tones

grumpy grizzly

I see this on the home page. I am kinda hesistant to download this. What is it. Sorry to sound stupid!!

memory master

Grumpy, where did you see it on the "home page?" I looked and couldn't find it. Anyway, dispatch tones as used in FDNY sounds like a "bee-boop" that comes over the voice alarm. Go to the "FDNYTRUCKS" site and when the program pops up you'll hear what I mean. Stay well and safe!

raybrag

MM:

Not sure where the Grump found them, but here's where I did:      http://nycfire.net/fdnytones

FDNYBuff97

I don't understand how do we get them to play ? when i click them nothing happens

grumpy grizzly

My site says I have to download something, check your site, it is up in the heading 8)

In order to play the tones your browser needs to allow the use of an embedded Windows Media Player.

If you do not get a pop-up prompting you to allow this then check to see if it has previously been disabled.

Each browser is unique in how it controls these permissions. 

For IE look for something like:  Tools - Internet Options - Programs - Manage Add-Ons - Toolbars and Extensions.
And look for Windows Media Player.

You may also find shortcuts via: Tools - Manage Add-Ons - Toolbars and Extensions

Hope this helps.

CVILLE7111

I've been unable to play the STAND BY FOR MESSAGE tone.  All of the other tones are playing correctly.  Is anyone else having the same issue?  Thanks!

JJFLOOD said:
I've been unable to play the STAND BY FOR MESSAGE tone.  All of the other tones are playing correctly.  Is anyone else having the same issue?  Thanks!

Yes - I am having the same problem in that the "STAND BY FOR MESSAGE" tone will not play. 

FDNYBuff97

Thanks guys , I was using Google Chrome , but tried the internet and worked there  ;D

NorthPhillyCowboy

Is there a way to download/save these sound files?  It's nice that yo can play them, but not being all that computer literate, any help would be appreciated.

Stay Safe...

CVILLE7111

The link for the dispatch tone STAND BY FOR MESSAGE appears to be down.  All of the others appear to be functioning fine.  Can someone take a look at that and see if it can be restored?  Thanks!