E75- 2 questions

I noticed on youtube footage from last year i think, that E75 was using a federal type siren, the type you guys fit yourselves, was wandering if the company was still using this, i think E48 had one as well.

Secondly, in another post, t was mentioned that there was an 'E75' Buff, do these Buffs who follow or attach themselves to a certain company still exist or a thing of bygone times and history??

Thanks on both counts.

JT

JT..............As far as part one............I do not have an answer as to the type of sirens E. 75 or E 48 uses.......I do know that if the siren goes out of service alot, the shops will just place a siren on the front diamond plate, with a foot pedel in the officers side cab floor..............If for some reason the original siren starts to work again the officer will use both.......and beleive me it is LOUD..............

As far as part two.............In the old days the FDNY had an Auxiliary Fire Corps, and there were alot of members assigned to numerous companys. This was when the WAR YEARS were in effect, and there were Civil Defense Pumpers assigned to some units. In brooklyn, the were times when numerous bon fires were set in the Red Hook section.  Alot of CD pumpers on those occassions were manned by a FDNY OFFICER and a FDNY CHAUFFER. The rest of the crew consisted of Auxiliarys riding on the back step and hose beds. When it came time that the Auxiliary Fire Corps program was discontuined, we were no longer leaglly permitted to ride with the company we were assigned to. As far as the phrase (Buff)..There are more than likely still some around. For myself  my father brought me to E 319 in Queens when I was 5 years old. Next week I will be 57 years old and I still go to the firehouse on a regular basis. I get into the meals and pays the same as everybody else working that tour does. I am known as "DTB" by all thewonderful officers and firefighters there. I am proboly lucker than some buffs since I participate in fuctions with the guys...A/C trips...Football games.....going to rallys with them...ect. I happen to be a lucky man to be considered one of the guys at THE LONE WOLF.........319 stay safe see u guys tommorrow night............Whats for dinner.........DOUG THE BUFF 

J.T., for me its been a little bit different. I was the kind of buff that would just hang around and listen to the scanner for a job to come in. Usually, I would go with my brother and a friend of mine. In the 70s and 80s there was plenty of work to follow. After that, nights like the Fourth of July would certainly compare to those very busy previous years.
  Before 9/11 if things were quiet, I would spend a lot of time at the Rock (fire Academy) taking rig shots and watching the guys train. I certainly enjoyed watching the Training Officers put the new Probies through their paces.
  Whatever I learned whether chasing the fires or from just watching things at the Rock, I tried to bring back to the small 50 man dept that I worked in. It was a Great experience to be able to watch what I consider to be "the Busiest and Best Fire Dept in the World". I think I learned a lot and I think many members benefitted from some of the little things I saw and tried to pass on.
  Years ago, sometimes I would stop at one of those busy firehouses. Maybe to ask some questions or get a rig shot. Those guys ALWAYS treated me Great. I NEVER had any problems. Sometimes they would invite me to stay for the evening meal. Sometimes they would even take me on a few runs. And a few times, I ended up staying the night. Places like the Tin House in Brooklyn was one I won't forget.(Eng 232 RIP, and Ladder 176). Rescue 2 was another. Some Great Memories from the Best out there.