Ecuador Mining Official: Two Trapped Miners Found DeadLast update: 10/16/2010 5:

Ecuador Mining Official: Two Trapped Miners Found DeadLast update: 10/16/2010 5:56:35 PM  Trapped Miners Found DeadLast update: 10/16/2010 5:56:35 PMQUITO (Dow Jones)--Two of the four men trapped underground in a caved-in mine in Ecuador were found dead Saturday, Jorge Espinosa, undersecretary for mining Development, told Dow Jones Newswires. In a telephone interview, Espinosa said that the rescue operation is continuing to seek the other two trapped miners. "Walter Vera and Paul Aguirre were found dead. We hope that the other two miners are alive," Espinosa said. However, AFP reported earlier that three of the four trapped men were found dead, citing "official sources." The trapped miners were working at a gold mine called Casa Negra, owned by private company MineSadco. The Casa Negra mine is located in Portovelo, in El Oro province, near Ecuador's southern border with Peru. The miners have been trapped since early Friday after a tunnel collapsed