ENG 89 & TOWER LADDER 50

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
DUE TO REHAB OF THEIR STATION, ENG 89 & LAD 50 ARE RESPONDING FROM ENG 72'S QUARTERS.

SAT # 2 HAS BEEN REASSIGNED TO ANOTHER STATION. (UNKNOWN).

Mike M said:
Have 97 and the 20 returned to their homes yet? Is the 15 still at 66?

yes on 97 and 20, not sure on the 15th but i still think they are at 66/61

E-97 is back on Astor Ave. and has Sat. 2 due to E-89/L-50 move, Bn 15 is still in coop city Bn 20 back on williamsbridge rd. with Sq. 61.

Thanks "mac8146" for the update. Sometimes it's tough to keep up with the "musical chairs game".

As of 5/28/14 E-89/L-50 are back in quarters and no longer responding from E-72. They should have the Sat. in quarters

Bulldog

Bulldog
I love how fast they get things like this done!  It took him 10 months to refurbish a firehouse?  I must've worked what, one day per week?  Most new buildings are completed in less time!

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Thats a great time frame.. Engine 63 is still in the trailers with no end in sight.

tbendick said:
Thats a great time frame.. Engine 63 is still in the trailers with no end in sight.

I wonder if anyone up and down the line involved in the contract management of these projects (assuming that there actually is contract management or oversight) would consider themselves inconvenienced if they were out of their homes for this long if they were having renovations.  Oh, wait a minute - that would be their money, not public funds.

Disgraceful.

Bulldog

Bulldog
manhattan said:
tbendick said:

I wonder if anyone up and down the line involved in the contract management of these projects (assuming that there actually is contract management or oversight) would consider themselves inconvenienced if they were out of their homes for this long if they were having renovations.  Oh, wait a minute - that would be their money, not public funds.

Disgraceful.
I think he probably identified the problem correctly, there is no management or oversight of these projects.  Once the contract is signed those in power just think it's going to get finished miraculously without being pushed!  I wonder how many change orders are written and approved without anyone knowing if anything really changed!

Atlas

Administrator
Staff member
I drove by on SATURDAY & the cage was being taken down.