Engine 15

Does anyone know if Engine 15 is in with Tower Ladder 18 permanently or just on a temporary basis?

yes.  They've been there for a couple of years.  They moved when their firehouse was being reconditioned, but it would have been too costly so they where kept at 18's permanently.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
15's house was one of the ones the city is trying or did get rid of.

P

proudff

it is unfortunate that they could not keep Engine 17 open and leave 15 where they are. If both companies were to exist today they would not be doing ^$%# because they are so close

I believe "officially" they are only in at Fort Pitt "until their quarters gets redone" But if you can call a spade a spade on this one, they are there permanently. But then again I have common sense and the higher ups don't but they would like to believe they do. I have been relocated there many times and they (E-15) don't think they are ever going back. So take it for what the department says it is or you can take it for what IS.

vbcapt said:
That's a shame they shut it down, it's a beautiful old house.
They should make it into a muesum store or example of what a fire house looks like and they could put some old rigs from like the 30's or 40's

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Some recently suggested that it would be nice to take an old firehouse and make it into a working museum.  Having it setup to be the same as it was back in the day.  The museum has lot's of nice stuff and is in an old firehouse, but you don't get that old firehouse feel when you go there.