Engine 74 - "Lost World"?

Maybe this has been addressed before, but I cannot find it.

I was wondering why Engine 74 is called "The Lost World".  I understand many of the mottos and nicknames of the Engines and Trucks, but this one I cannot figure out.  Does anyone know why they are called this?

Museborn said:
Maybe this has been addressed before, but I cannot find it.

I was wondering why Engine 74 is called "The Lost World".  I understand many of the mottos and nicknames of the Engines and Trucks, but this one I cannot figure out.  Does anyone know why they are called this?

My wild quess would due due to begin first due to the natural museum of history.

That would make sense.  Thank you anesti, I didn't realize they were first due there.

Funny, for me, that this thread was posted 3/30. I came on the job 3/30/60 and was assigned to 74 engine. Worked there for 3 years. Never heard the company called The Lost World, must have happened after my time, museum is a good guess, I guess.

The company logo has a picture of. T Rex on it.. So that I would say is where the link to the museum is..

JT

Or maybe instead of calling themselves dinosaurs they named themselves after the movie

The Lost World/Jurassic Park

As a matter of fact their emblem is from the movie

Actually it's kinda funny this came up.  There was a time when 74 engine's apparatus door was painted green and the place looked like a mechanic garage.  When guys got detailed in, they would drive right by the firehouse without knowing it was there.  Sometime after that a patch was made with the dinosaur because they're first due to the museum.  But the whole "Lost World" motto is because nobody could ever find the firehouse.  LOL!