Fairfield, Ct House Fire 6/5/21

Church Hill Road is off Stratfield Road in the Stratfield section of Fairfield. E 3 is first due in that area with Engine 2 and Ladder 2 next. Engines 5 and 1 would probably respond on the working fire assignment. Car 3 is the IC.

Churchill Street is located in the Grassmere section of Fairfield, the extreme Southeast corner of the town. Ashe Creek, the border with Bridgeport, is only a few blocks to the east. Grassmere is primarily a residential area, many of the structures resembling pre war brick military housing constructed for the workers of the old industrial plants that occupied this part of town.
Likely response here is ...

E1, 2, 4, 3
TL2, R1, Shift Cdr

Any additional units or relocators likely Ffld E5, Bridgeport E’s 7, 3, or 4, L11, and Westport companies.

It is interesting how the towns and units dance around and support each other, just like the FDNY does within its borders.

Last edited:
Confusing when one report says Churchill Street an the other says Church Hill Road. House looks more like Church Hill Road but I stand corrected.

You are right 248. I initially thought of Churchill Road myself, but I live just around the corner from there and was confused that I had not heard any response activity during that time frame. I don’t think I knew there was a Churchill Street but I found it during my daily drive around.

I lived on Toilsome Hill Road and member of Stratfield VFD since 1973; drove Rescue 15 back in the day.