FDNY BOOKS

londonfireguy

I have the following for sale, open to offers;

1. FIRE; A war That Never Ends. An introspective account of the fire that killed six firefighters in Brooklyn in 1978.

2. The 23rd Street Fire.

3. Firehouse, by Dennis Smith and Jill Freedman.

4. The Final Fire By Dennis Smith.

5. The London Fire Brigade in the Blitz.

Cheers

JT

68jk09

INTO HARMS WAY ....

68jk09

For those that do not know Paul Geidel he lost one Son on 9-11 & another after from WTC related illness.....he was one of the Band Of Dad's who were present at the site until the last day in May 2002...here is a link to the book...
www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bi8381.shtml

nfd2004

68jk09 said:
For those that do not know Paul Geidel he lost one Son on 9-11 & another after from WTC related illness.....he was one of the Band Of Dad's who were present at the site until the last day in May 2002...here is a link to the book... www.fire-police-ems.com/books/bi8381.shtml
Thank you Chief JK. I was NOT aware of that book or the very sad story that went with it. Or the term of "Band of Dad's".

There is just so much more to that tragic day that so many of us really are NOT aware of.

Just the other day, I was talking to another firefighter about 9/11. I had told him about a book that I knew of, written by a FDNY's firefighters wife. That book was called; "By the Grace of God".

The story is told of how she was working in in one of those towers and he was a firefighter working assigned to the nearby Ladder Co 5. Neither one knew if the other was alive or not until much later in the day.

He was the firefighter that was pictured sitting on that park bench with his head down, actually praying. I took a special interest in his story because a very short time earlier I met him as the chaffer of Ladder 5. Later somehow I got in touch with him and he remembered us talking.

nfd2004

What is sometimes referred to as "The Bible of the FDNY", the latest edition of the "FDNY OPERATIONAL REF Manual - 12th edition" by James Griffiths, has been released. It contains the latest operations of the FDNY and FDNY/EMS.

It is offered at FSP in Hudson, Mass 

www.fire-police-ems.com 

I am also told that FSP, owned and operated for 33 years by Ira Hoffman will soon be closing.

Ira Hoffman has been a big contributor to not only the FDNY, but various public safety organizations and fund raisers in New York and the New England states. This info was passed onto me and reported by the President of the WebCycleNews Organization.

I hope to order this 12th Edition Book and I would like to express my appreciation for his 33 years of service. It was FSP that allowed me to build an entire collection of books, videos, etc, all related to my interest in the FDNY, the fire service, and other emergency services as well.

I met Ira once years ago when I made a trip up to his store in Hudson, Mass. But I had no idea that he had done so much for so many when it came to those services and fund raisers. I certainly wish him well on his upcoming retirement.

Right GG, plus there are some blatant captioning errors as well as pictures stolen from other places or people with absolutely no permissions from, or credit to, the photographers.

68jk09