FDNY Company T-shirts - places to buy

kristensen

I'm looking for FDNY firehouses that sells company t-shirts, accept PayPal and would ship to Europe.

Pls let me know if your firehouse could sell me a t-shirt.

Take care

FDNYE54

i hate to dissapoint you but there not going to send a shirt to europe

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
It's going to be very hard. The vendor who makes the t-shirts can't sell them if they say FDNY.  Also the firehouses can't sell them over the internet if the say FDNY on them due to the copyrights on it. 

kristensen

Hi TBENDICK.

Thanks a lot for the reply. No wonder so many firehouse web apparel sections are off line.

I got some good deal with some firehouses the last couple of days, but I'm always looking for more t-shirts. If anyone can help, PLS let me know.

Bulldog

Bulldog
tbendick said:
It's going to be very hard. The vendor who makes the t-shirts can't sell them if they say FDNY.  Also the firehouses can't sell them over the internet if the say FDNY on them due to the copyrights on it. 
You mean the fire houses themselves even though they are part of FDNY can't sell a apparel with the FDNY logo on it?  That really sucks because it takes away one of the few means the companies had to raise money for special projects.  Can they sell apparel with their station patch on it as long as the patch does not have FDNY on it?  I understand controlling the copyright and keeping it in house but the stations are in house!  After taking away some of the stations names and now this what's next?  Not allowing any personalization of anything, patches, trucks, etc.  If they continue this they will totally ruin the camaraderie and esprit de corps that makes FDNY what it is!

F

fdnysiny

Anyone can wear a bought  FDNY T Shirt, that is the problem. People have been caught stating they are FD when they are not, At Jobs, The one Guy who had FDNY T shirts, Radios and Bunker Gear and Rode along on the Rig alot of copycats. I think its better this way.

Bulldog

Bulldog
FDNY SI NY said:
Anyone can wear a bought  FDNY T Shirt, that is the problem. People have been caught stating they are FD when they are not, At Jobs, The one Guy who had FDNY T shirts, Radios and Bunker Gear and Rode along on the Rig alot of copycats. I think its better this way.
YOU are KIDDING!  After 9/11 it seemed like half of America was wearing FDNY logo items to show support for them and their losses and now they don't want any one but their members wearing it?  If you're serious about this all that's going to happen is people who want to abuse it will make, sell and wear Bootleg logo items and FDNY and its stations one that make anything off the sales.  Actually it may help people who want to use the logo for devious things since the public will believe that only legitimate members of FDNY have access to that clothing.  It's kind of like the old saying "If guns are made in legal, only criminals will have guns" besides almost every other fire department, police department and Federal Agency sells logo apparel so they have a lot of other options to choose from. 

It seems like this policy is very poorly thought out as well as being ineffective in its intent.

grumpy grizzly

It is ironic that FDNY company shirts are no longer available. For years there was  NO Chicago Fire Dept apparrel available. Occassionally there were some low quality t shirts around but they lasted only a few months. Now there are several places where you can get high quality shirts, one of the best is from E60/TL 37 that has all the patches of the Special Ops command on the back. At a recent CFD muster they sold out all their product. :)

RPM3311

Anyone can wear a shirt that says FDNY or has an FDNY company logo or whatever you want to call it, you just have to buy them at the firehouse, the internet is not regulated and watched so there is no way to tell if its the firehouse is selling the shirt or if its me selling the shirt, the money goes to the firehouse for food and other things they need around the house, if you buy it off the internet anyone can get a hold of that money. So if you want to get a shirt, go to NYC its the only way to get them.

Bulldog

Bulldog
RPM3311 said:
Anyone can wear a shirt that says FDNY or has an FDNY company logo or whatever you want to call it, you just have to buy them at the firehouse, the internet is not regulated and watched so there is no way to tell if its the firehouse is selling the shirt or if its me selling the shirt, the money goes to the firehouse for food and other things they need around the house, if you buy it off the internet anyone can get a hold of that money. So if you want to get a shirt, go to NYC its the only way to get them.

This silly policy limits the potential sales significantly.  I know that FDNY is trying to protect his copyright but all the major universities sell their logo's on the internet all the time while protecting their copyrightby various means.  Also I've seen FDNY logo apparel at flea markets and local stores in I'm sure they're not "official" so all the policy does is limit the sales potential for the various stations.

tl-ff

Bulldog said:
FDNY SI NY said:
YOU are KIDDING!  After 9/11 it seemed like half of America was wearing FDNY logo items to show support for them and their losses and now they don't want any one but their members wearing it?  If you're serious about this all that's going to happen is people who want to abuse it will make, sell and wear Bootleg logo items and FDNY and its stations one that make anything off the sales.  Actually it may help people who want to use the logo for devious things since the public will believe that only legitimate members of FDNY have access to that clothing.  It's kind of like the old saying "If guns are made in legal, only criminals will have guns" besides almost every other fire department, police department and Federal Agency sells logo apparel so they have a lot of other options to choose from.   

It seems like this policy is very poorly thought out as well as being ineffective in its intent.

The reason NYC copywrited the FDNY, NYPD and other agency logos is because of what happened after 9/11.  Not to long after the dust settled from the collapse everyone was selling everything and anything with a FDNY or NYPD logo on it and making a profit from a tragedy, and it wasn't quality merchandise. So to stop the bootleggers and more specifically the peddlers around ground zero and to make a few extra dollars as well they had the agency logos copywrited. It's not that they don't want everyone wearing FDNY/NYPD stuff they just want a cut of the profits. So if it don't have the "official merchandise" tags or it's not sold through a specific store that has the rights, beware of guys trying to make money off of a tragedy. Shirts should still be available through the firehouses just contact them.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
The firehouses are still allowed to sell shirts in house that say FDNY.  They just can't place them on a website, know several people who had issues with copyrights and had to change things they did as a result.

Bulldog

Bulldog
tbendick said:
The firehouses are still allowed to sell shirts in house that say FDNY.  They just can't place them on a website, know several people who had issues with copyrights and had to change things they did as a result.
This policy certainly hurts their potential sales significantly.  People are much more likely to buy something on the Internet than to buy it by mail and if they are depending on people come to the firehouse to buying items sales would be almost nonexistent from all stations.  FDNY Administration needs to lighten up on this rule so the houses make more money for the members. 

RPM3311

Bulldog said:
tbendick said:
This policy certainly hurts their potential sales significantly.  People are much more likely to buy something on the Internet than to buy it by mail and if they are depending on people come to the firehouse to buying items sales would be almost nonexistent from all stations.  FDNY Administration needs to lighten up on this rule so the houses make more money for the members. 

Since when does the asministration care about the members? With all the problems the department has, with EMS being underpaid and all that jazz, plus the other problems that are going on this really shouldn't be their top issue.