FDNY Concerns About Electric Bikes

In reviewing the last two or three months of multiple alarm fires ("Citywide Section" - Fire Activity, 2022") there has been several multiple alarm fires within the New York City borders to have been caused by these E-bikes stored inside buildings

I'm sure that member "Captomo", may be able to confirm that, as he has been keeping track of such events, as well as other Lithium Battery Fires throughout the country.

I believe he has also taught that subject recently at the FDNY Fire Academy.
Some of the guys here are also familiar with his teaching of the topic.

NFD2004, I have taught hazmat at the rock but the last time was several years ago. I have not taught any classes in lithium ion incidents there. My colleagues at Hazard3, LLC have done so about a year ago. Thanks bother. Stay well. Merry Christmas

I'm unable to read the NYT article, but is anything being done to prevent these fires. Is there any kind of investigation as to what is causing these to catch fire and if there's anything the manufacturers can do about it? Aren't these what caused all of those fires in (I don't know what they're called) but those hands-free sideways skateboard-style scooters that were popular a few years ago and causing fires in homes near the holidays? I know people here are most concerned about firefighters safety and work but what about the toll it takes on the people whose homes are damaged by these fires?