FDNY Engine Co tool compartment pic

Hey guys, I've been trying to find pics of inside the tool compartment on the engines but no luck so far. Does anyone here have any?

CNix880 said:
Hey guys, I've been trying to find pics of inside the tool compartment on the engines but no luck so far. Does anyone here have any?

When you say "tool compartment", what does that mean?  There are several compartments.  8 in total.  One is EMS supplies, one most certainly carries that Multi-versal and another is dedicated to fittings for the ECC.  As for the rest, it's mostly company discretion, but remember that Engines don't carry a great deal of hand tools.

Are two of the compartments on the pump panel? I didn't figure they carried a lot on the engine, it's just one of the things that has always made me curious. The roll-up compartments in particular but would just like to see how they store their equipment.

CNix880 said:
Are two of the compartments on the pump panel? I didn't figure they carried a lot on the engine, it's just one of the things that has always made me curious. The roll-up compartments in particular but would just like to see how they store their equipment.

I can't offer photos, but I can tell you how we do it in my house.  One of the roll-up compartments has EMS supplies.  It has a plastic shelving unit that is manufacturer or shops installed.  It carries the 02 bag, med bags, defib and a few assorted extras.  The forward most roll-up compartment, at least for us, carries extra hose, one extra roll-up and the foam nozzle and foam-eductor.  It is wide open and simply divided by one self.

Where do you store the driver's scba and spare bottles? I only ask b/c looking from the outside none of the compartments seem big enough, unless the lower rear are traverse. 

CNix880 said:
Where do you store the driver's scba and spare bottles? I only ask b/c looking from the outside none of the compartments seem big enough, unless the lower rear are traverse.

Spare bottles are in the rear compartment under the hose bed.  Space for 6.  The chauffer's mask is in whatever compartment co's choose.  There is space in all of them.