Fdny Marine Unit

maybe my eyes were deceiving me but i thought i saw one from the metro north train heading north toward the tappan zee bridge but i lost it at around irvington as the train was just to fast for it. O know there was a maritime event in the waters of Croton Harmon but would they go out that far?

M

mmattyphoto

There was a jumper down at the tappan Zee bridge, maybe thats were they were going. NYPD sent aviation harbour units up there.

Why would FDNY and NYPD be up that far?  Westchester County has an aviation unit and marine units.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
FDNY doesn't go past the GW for the most part.  After that it would be mutal aide and would have to go through the channels.  NYPD will send Air Sea Rescue up into Westchester as needed.  The small plane that went down near Yonkers, had Coast Gaurd and NYPD make the rescues.  NYPD you will also see of the Sound along Westchester.

tbendick said:
FDNY doesn't go past the GW for the most part.  After that it would be mutal aide and would have to go through the channels.  NYPD will send Air Sea Rescue up into Westchester as needed.  The small plane that went down near Yonkers, had Coast Gaurd and NYPD make the rescues.  NYPD you will also see of the Sound along Westchester.

Maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me!!

It is my understanding that the John J. Harvey (decommissioned FDNY fireboat that responded on 9/11) was in the Hudson River over the past weekend for Hudson River Days and was viewed from the Yonkers Pier.  I don't know if the John J. Harvey has been in the river prior to Saturday, but, perhaps that could have been who you saw?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Forgot about the Harvey.
http://www.fireboat.org/

Have to look for the white tent they have on the back.

Actually it was the harvey that i saw it resembled the photo that tbenedick linked.