FDNY Rescue 1 *Ferrara*

FDNYBuff97 said:
From what I heard Captain Morris didn't want it But in this picture from yesterday it's sitting outside it's Quarters , is it in service ? Or just visiting ?
FDNY - NEW Rescue 1- 2/14/12

Might still be getting training  with her. I know last week they were using it a few hours a day.

It doesnt matter if the Captain and the Guys want the new Rig or not. Thats what the City ordered for the Rescue Companies and thats what they have to use. Yes the Guys at rescue-1 didnt want to give up the Pierce and dont blame them but they have to use whats given to them. Maybe the FDNY will go with Pierce the next time for new Rescues.

FDNYBuff97 said:
Maybe Capt. changed his mind , But the Pierce is still in good condition

The Capt has ZERO say in what vehicle they use.  I assure you, no one is losing any sleep over what they ride around in all day.  As for what they're assigned right now, it'll go to help pad a beat up spare pool.

I was talking with a guy who spends a fair bit of time down at R1 and he said the Pierce was constantly OOS down in the shops before Christmas. I was surprised to hear this

JohnnyBopp said:
FDNYBuff97 said:
Maybe Capt. changed his mind , But the Pierce is still in good condition

The Capt has ZERO say in what vehicle they use.  I assure you, no one is losing any sleep over what they ride around in all day.  As for what they're assigned right now, it'll go to help pad a beat up spare pool.
Very true

NOT TRUE ....as far as certain CPTs say in their rig....as it should be. 

a guy from R1 said As far as he knows they still have the Pierce. It is being brought to the firehouse so they can layout the compartments and have the mounts made for their equipment (not sure if Ferrara is making mounts or their shops are making the mounts). He think they are supposed to change over next week.