FDNY Rescue-4 9/11 Remebrance project

Not sure if this was posted yet...... Suburban Chicago Fireman bought old R-4's Hme rig and is restoring it...........

http://therrp.org/THE_PROJECT.php
Karl Klotz photo:
fdnyr402kk.jpg

GG sys thanx for the info correction. My computer skills consist of on/off, Mrs Grumpy does all the hard work.

Does anyone know when the FDNY sold Rescue 4 rig and where it went to when it was sold?

Do a search for Remembrance Rescue Project. Several sites pop up that should answer your questions, including the official site. I beleive the rig was purchased by a Chicago-area fire fighter.

Really curious, I work for a delivery company. Today as I was entering I-290 westbound from Central Ave I saw a FDNY Rescue rig exiting going south on Central, driver was wearing a white sweater. I know FDNY ran these rigs, my son and I saw the rig at Chicagoland, brought the shirts, support the rig and support the brothers. The only way anyone would be able to identify this rig was FDNY on top of the rear step. I am just curious about this situation, I know your efforts have been top notch.

Thanks Mr. Grizzly for noticing. Yes you saw R 5, I was driving. She was on her way from Wheeling to Capital Truck Body in Cicero. Capital Truck has agreed to help us with re-painting. They should have her for 3 to 4 weeks. After they finish she will be returned to the Remembrance Rescue Project. Then I have the honor of replacing the striping, lettering and shields. The goal is to complete the work prior to FDIC in April.

If I recall you buff some and do some photography. I would like to invite you to take some photos and visit the project, that's if you would like. Thanks for your interest and kind words.

Attachments

• R5_Capital_T&B_1.jpg
    R5_Capital_T&B_1.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,671
Rescue 4 was on display at Andrews Air Force Base last weekend at their annual Air Show