FDNY Shops

"FDNYBUFF97", its too bad you didn't ask this question at this time last year. At our Member Meeting in Oct, 2010 we had a GREAT Tour given to us at the Shops. We had gotten permission a few months ahead of time. The shops have apparatus driving in and out of their building and I can understand why they don't want somebody just rooming around.

If your willing to wait, I can see in my crystal ball of another possible visit at our Member Meeting for "2012". (Sorry, not this year). Or you can try on your own by showing up and just asking for a tour. I don't know how that would work out though.

And of course you are more than welcome to join us for the tours at the Member Meeting this year in October. Included is a tour of the Marine Division, Squad 288/Hazmat 1, FDNY/EMS Station 20 at Jacobi Hospital including the Merv Unit, Yonkers Police Emergency Servive Units, Yonkers Fire Dept Special Operations Units (SOC), a night of good food, photos, venders table, in Yonkers at the Homefield House. All for $60 bucks, of which $40.00 will be donated to our two charities.

In addition, we plan to join in at Donavans in Queens for some Great food and a Meet and Greet get together on Thursday Oct 6th after the Sqd 288/Haz Mat Tour.

And on Saturday Oct 8th is the Wounded Warriors October Fest for a good time, some good food, and the cost there going to a good cause.

So Firebuff, sorry I couldn't really be of help for you on a Shops Visit, but you and all our members arewelcomed to join us for this years Member Meeting. And interested friends, who can conduct themselves as gentlemen and not embrassing our group, arealso welcomed. (Oct 6, 7, and 8, 2011).

O+Wow , that sounds really cool , thank you I will try to make that. Also thank you very much about the info about the shops

@ nfd2004

Are the member meetings held at the same time of year every year? Im hoping to head over to NYC this Sept and then that'll be it for NYC trips for me till 2012. If i knew the dates id try fit in a member meeting with you guys. Would love to do it

jay

NFD2004... I am intrested in the October trip down to NY. How would I go about signing up,etc.

Thanks in advance!!
Jay

"Irish", thanks for the interest in the Member Meetings. I really am sorry that I am going off track on thisthread regarding visits to the Shops. But YES, we will try to continue to try and hold these meetings sometime in October. Asa matter of fact, John B and myself had recently discussed that and agreed, October is agood month to hold these. Generally the weather is pretty good and itsa good time to visit NYC.
  Jay, sorry. First of all we don't allow Ct Firefighters. And certainly not anybody from Hamden, Ct. Lt Hughie Cal., left our dept to go on Hamden, and NOBODY wanted to see him leave. So your gain was our loss.
  Actually Jay, go to search and type in Member Meeting (both M's must be caps) and you'll beableto read about it. We'dsure love to have you, even if you're from someplace called Hamden, Ct. Any problemsJay, send me a"PM" and we'll help you out. Okay.
  Tell Lt Hughie (Engine3-I think), that Willy "D" says hi. He gets the NFD GOSSIP NEWSLETTER that "I" send him every month.