fdnytrucks special units

What is the apperatus that is on the main page on FDNYtrucks.com in the special units page? It says special operations, and the manufactue says mack mr/general saftey? what is it used for and what dose it carry??? any ideas??? Thnks

It is / was Rescue "7" and was part of the Rescue Reserve Fleet. Not sure if its still a Rescue Reserve since the Pierce & 4 Seagraves Rescues were updated last year

Yea theres a R6 & R7. R6 sometimes enters service during Storms and major events in the city from what i know.

R7 is just the Reserve. Not sure what happened the old Rescues but id say they are now called upon before the Mack

IRISH said:
It is / was Rescue "7" and was part of the Rescue Reserve Fleet. Not sure if its still a Rescue Reserve since the Pierce & 4 Seagraves Rescues were updated last year

Sorry i meant E-One Rescues

Just heard The Spirit, Pierce and E-Ones are the spares now though most of the E-Ones were seriously water damaged by Hurricane Sandy. They are very slowly being repaired.

Not sure of the faith of that Mack

R2's old E-One up for sale for $285,000 with 21,000 miles onit

http://www.firetruckmall.com/trucks/03993-2002-e-one-cyclone-ii-walk-in-heavy-rescue-used-fire-truck-for-sale/

Our term for Rescues in Ireland are ET's (Emergency Tenders). Heres a couple linked below

Dublin Fire Brigade "Delta 25" - Southside (4th pic down)

http://www.fire-ireland.com/Dublin-Fire-Brigade-and-Ambulance-Service-Bravo-District

Dublin Fire Brigade "Delta 35" with Crane on back - Northside (5th pic down)

http://www.fire-ireland.com/Dublin-Fire-Brigade-and-Ambulance-Service-Charlie-District

Cork City (pics 9 & 10)

http://www.fire-ireland.com/Cork-City-Fire-Brigade

In regards to the '02 E-One, there is a discrepancy on the mileage, unless the Ferrari trick from Ferris Buellers  day off really works, they are off by at least 60,000 miles. Last time that rig was at my former employers for repair it had well over 80k miles on it. And that was at the end of warranty in '07/'08 timeframe.

Bulldog

Bulldog
ladder197 said:
In regards to the '02 E-One, there is a discrepancy on the mileage, unless the Ferrari trick from Ferris Buellers  day off really works, they are off by at least 60,000 miles. Last time that rig was at my former employers for repair it had well over 80k miles on it. And that was at the end of warranty in '07/'08 timeframe.
I was wondering about the mileage myself.  I actually also wonder if it is R2 from FDNY.  Other than the visible marking on the roof in a similar layout, nothing else identifies it as such.  Since R2 is a common designation, I wonder if it's actually from someplace else?

My boss told me to get SSA money and I want you to work p/t. So I am off on Wedensdays. Did several visual checks from books I have and web sites, well this "R-2" with 20,000 miles does not compute. I am not denying their total, guys just don't seem right.GG

I know the guys at Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus aka Firetruckmall.com, I will call and find out where the rig is from!

ladder197 said:

i meant to put " " beside 21,000 may bad. There was a discrepancy on facebook about this mileage and i forgot to put them in when posting.

Bulldog said:
ladder197 said:
I was wondering about the mileage myself.  I actually also wonder if it is R2 from FDNY.  Other than the visible marking on the roof in a similar layout, nothing else identifies it as such.  Since R2 is a common designation, I wonder if it's actually from someplace else?

Bulldog  - There are FDNY logos on the back door's

Bulldog

Bulldog
IRISH said:
Bulldog  - There are FDNY logos on the back door's
That Actually adds More Suspicion, whenever FDNY disposes of a truck they remove all of the markings before selling it!  The only thing that might remain would be the striping.

Looking at the rear rescue body it seems the interior configurations and rear compartments are dead on for the '02 rescues. To really know if it is or it isn't would be the by the E-One shop order number located on the lower drivers side door. I believe they were numbers 124801-805.

every reference photo i have says its R2, but it is odd about the rear doors. FDNY went nuts with the Remembrance Rescue Project using city logos...hell new rigs arent even allowed to use em till post delivery right?

NYBravest82 said:
every reference photo i have says its R2, but it is odd about the rear doors. FDNY went nuts with the Remembrance Rescue Project using city logos...hell new rigs arent even allowed to use em till post delivery right?

true especially with the discussions had on this site Re: New Rigs arriving to the city with duct tape covering all logos City & Dept logos.

If you look at the rear doors, they are still white/red...the logos were probably left on and covered with spray paint, which is easily emoved...talk about a crappy repaint!  Plus, if you look at the right side of the box, the front of the cab above the headlights, and the lower left side of the box, all of the emergency lights have been removed - another FDNY tell tale sign.

Is everyone sure that the truck is R-2 old rig or one made identical to the old rescues and painted solid red with the FDNY  logos added by someone else. Why would the department get rid of them instead of using them as spares or reserves?