FEBRUARY 26, IN HISTORY.

FEBRUARY 26, 1993 ...THE WTC BOMBING....CONTINUED REST IN PEACE TO THE SIX...NEVER FORGET ! ..NEVER FORGIVE ! ... ..... FROM WIKIPEDIA..... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_World_Trade_Center_bombing........ Also on a FEBRUARY 26 in 1988 A 22 YEAR OLD IS ASSASSINATED IN SOUTH JAMAICA AROUND THE CORNER FROM 303/126 ..... www.nypdangels.com/cop/cop.php?id=71 ....CONTINUED REST IN PEACE PO EDWARD BYRNE.... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Byrne_(police_officer) ....... TRIBUTE VIDEO.........

Last edited:
This is a story from FB written by R*1 FF Gary Geidel's daughter.

9/11 Through The Eyes Of A Daughter
·
We remember the first attack on the World Trade Center. The February 26, 1993 WTC bombing. We will never forget the victims John DiGiovanni, Robert Kirkpatrick, Stephen A. Knapp, William Macko, Wilfredo Mercado, Monica Rodriguez Smith and her unborn baby.
My Dad Gary Geidel responded to the call of what they thought was a transformer explosion. Him and his friend Kevin Shea fell through a giant gaping hole while trying to locate a trapped man. They were both able to grab onto a piece of rebar and were hanging. My Dad was holding on with one hand and trying to grab Kevin with the other. Kevin was on hanging on an awkward piece of rebar while wearing gloves so he ended up sliding off and he fell 4 stories. My Dad later told Kevin how he managed to pull himself up out of the hole. My Dad helped locate Kevin after the fall. Thank God they both made it out that day. My Dad went to the hospital for smoke inhalation. When he finally made it home my Mom opened the front door and there stood my Dad with big rings of soot around his eyes. They locked in a hug..they both knew how that day could have ended. He later received a citation of valor for that day. Exactly one year later my parents became pregnant with me. Sadly my Dad didn't make it out of the second attack on the World Trade Center.

Rest In Peace to the victims and I'm thankful as always my wife made it out walking down 30+ stories in the dark and smoke in the stairwell.

A PD post on the PO Eddie Byrne Memorial at the site 107 Av & Inwood St 2-26-23..... QUOTE..7:45 AM - Feb 26 #21
Was at the 103 last night for PO Byrnes Memorial. Good turnout by the old and new. A Chief from PBSI sent a van load of rookies in their dress uniforms to pay their respects, very classy of him to do it. The PC and Chief Madrey gave among others gave a short speech turning out the 12x 8 both were very good. At Inwood St street, the PC Adams , Lynch and Eddie’s brother also spoke. FD from the area were there as always paying there respects, and it was well done by the job and the 103 club. Thank you to all involved RIP Eddie you are definitely not forgotten 🙏UNQUOTE.