Firefighters cut through doors and walls with new technology

Bulldog

Bulldog
It would be interesting to find out how high the pressure of the water they are using for this operation really is.  I've worked with high-pressure water systems for cutting first materials, steel, wood, concrete etc. but do that are extremely high-pressure and actually the stream is quite dangerous.  It can cut off a finger, toe over whatever in a blink of the eye.  It can inject water under the skin and cause severe infections.

Equipment is also very expensive and requires knowledgeable and frequent maintenance if it is to operate when required.  Most of this equipment started it 35,000 psi and went up from there.

Bulldog

Bulldog
Interesting that the pressure is that low.  The additive at least in the system I worked with was very fine aluminum oxide particles which obviously made the cutting much quicker than just plain water.  Based on my past experience I don't see how the Cobra System will be able to cut through concrete or even metal very rapidly was that low overpressure.  It obviously would work fine on wood, plaster etc.