Firehouse For Sale

Anyone with a spare $11 million may be interested in 40 Truck's old quarters which are now on the market.

checking my pockets................................................NOPE! LOL!

Engine 37's old quarters on 126th and Amsterdam was Templo Biblico(church) has been sitting idle for several years

Engine 37's old quarters on 126th and Amsterdam was Templo Biblico(church) has been sitting idle for several years
?? Wow shock no developer hasn't swept it up. Decent size of property.

Last edited:
Imagine telling an old timer from 40 Truck - they are selling the firehouse for $11 million dollars.

They would probably tell you they wouldn't take it off the city's hands for a million!

Amazing how things change - and this can be applied citywide, I'm sure.

Imagine telling an old timer from 40 Truck - they are selling the firehouse for $11 million dollars.

They would probably tell you they wouldn't take it off the city's hands for a million!

Amazing how things change - and this can be applied citywide, I'm sure.
"By the 1980s, however, the city had abandoned the building and sold it for $50,000 to a local nonprofit, which soon converted the space to a church"

That place was for sale in the 1990's for 300,000. A co-worker of mine wanted me to go in with him on it and turn it into a Jazz club. I thought he was crazy to spend 300,000 on an abandoned building with no roof that had been empty for so long. Someone flipped it about a year later for 800,000. That's when NYC housing prices skyrocketed. I think the NY Post did a story on it.

Many firehouse stories of guys who thought out of the box about purchasing vacant / abandoned buildings and lots. I have heard of one guy who is now a multi millionaire who did such by flipping the buildings. Who would of thought Brownstones in Harlem, Crown Heights and Bed Stuy would eventually go for millions. Someone did.

Many firehouse stories of guys who thought out of the box about purchasing vacant / abandoned buildings and lots. I have heard of one guy who is now a multi millionaire who did such by flipping the buildings. Who would of thought Brownstones in Harlem, Crown Heights and Bed Stuy would eventually go for millions. Someone did.
so true. guy in red hook former nypd bought up most waterfront down by ikea has multi-million dollar real estate porfolio with just those properties with rentals. Insane.