Grumpy's son gets on the job!!!!!

I don't know how to get the info that I am one proud and happy SOB. My son was hired today as a FF in a north Illinois suburb. He did 2 tours in Iraq as a USMC CFR FF and another one year tour in Iraq as a contract FF with WSI. He got to see the President when he made a surprize visit to Al-Asad AB. Now I know how you pops, and moms  feel when your son goes on the job.

Congradulations to both Senior and Junior Grumpy's. With his background, he'll be an Excellent Firefighter. I'm glad for The Grumpy Family. Congradulations to the New Probie.

He is going to Beach Park. It is in the NW suburbs near the WI border. In the wintertime it is a quiet town, but when the weather warms up things change. It is close to 6 Flags, several theme parks, a large recreational park and resort, several large shopping areas including a discount shopping mall, and is close to a major interstate highway connecting Chicago and Milwaukee. But THE JOB IS THE JOB. Thanx for all the congrats :)

All the best to you and your son - you are rightfully proud.  May his career be a safe and healthy one!

GG Congratulations.......All the best to Your Son & Thanks for his Service in the USMC......SEMPER FI !

Jr Grumpy's first day on the job (training). Responded to 2 MVA's with extracation and a large brush fire. Assigned to E1212 a 2002 HME/Alexis 1500/1250. :)

Congratulations to you and your son 'Grumpy'. God Bless him for risking it all for our country as a Marine and here's to a great and safe career in the fire service ...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Does he plan of staying with that Dept or is he hoping/trying for CFD. Wish your the son the BEST...

well this is the mini grumpy grizzly......it is just a part time job...just waiting for work and to be assigned to a shift....i am working towards getting my paramedic and will be soon going to take every single fire dept test being offered......Im even gonna start flying to other big city departments...like Boston, LA, New York, and wherever else I can find work. I have been stuck doing security for way to long and need to get my career going already......especially since my son will be born on July 3rd....I want to make sure he has everything he will need and want in his life......