guinness and heineken pull out of the st patricks day parade

have seconds thoughts of having a Guinness or Heineken today since they pulled out of the st patricks day parade.

Guinness , Heineken and sam adams have withdrawn their sponsorship to the st patricks day parade because of the exclusion of gays and lesbian groups that are trying to make a political statement.

It has been clearly stated by the parade organizers on numerous occasions that these folks are welcome to march but that NO organization is permitted to march under a banner proclaiming their sexual preference. These three beer companies have now proclaimed themselves to be spineless and likely have offended all people who wish to see the long standing traditions of the St. Patrick's Day Parade upheld. F&%k 'em, I won't drink their swill ... No loss what-so-ever for me.

not to disrsepect your posts or your membership, but they are internatonial beers, not as good as Molson's

PS this just get crazy, a Guiness stout, a Heinekan, it is a bevarage we share with friends and lovers. And maybe I am dead off on this post, if so I apologize.

Don't apologize for expressing your opinion, Grump . . . it's what you believe. I often disagree with some of the opinions expressed both here and elsewhere.  That doesn't make me right, and it  doesn't make the other guys wrong.  I still respect them, and I hope they respect me.  I spent 21 years of my life in the USAF,  attempting to defend every American's right to hold their own opinions, and I will do that again whenever and wherever I can.

68jk09 said:
DRINK AMERICAN !
Grump...not directed at your personal choice......actually i drink Bud which has  pointed out to me that it is now owned by a foreign company for a few years now.

Go to the beer section of any supermarket.  As opposed to just a few years ago- there is usually a wonderful variety of "craft" beer. These are beers made by smaller brewers and they tend to have a lot of flavor- and more alcohol content too!

Anyone remember Schaefer Beer? Brewed and bottled in good old Brooklyn and was, in my humble opinion, the best local beer until they upped and moved to the Lehigh Valley. Oh for the good old days.

Schaffer wasn't bad . . . had that huge sign in Ebbets Field (Walter O'Malley, may you rot in hell forever; the Dodgers belong in Brooklyn) . . . but the original Piels (from East  New York) was better.  And who can forget Bob & Ray as Bert & Harry Piel?

300px-Piels06.jpg

Schaefer beer, well they helped build the first NE Patriots Stadium in Foxboro. It was a bare essential stadium, getting there was a nightmare, only traffic access was Rt 1. 2 lanes each way, they would change the lane configuration depending your direction of travel. Took Jo to a game when she visited me from Chicago, they had long aluminum benches, a game in November, well it is a miracle we are together! She literally froze her ass off! I would like to nominate beers for the worst! Jax, Lone Star, and Pearl from Texas, now I know where cattle piss! And everytime I see Ballantine Ale mentioned, think of my dad!

Rheingold on Kent Avenue in Brooklyn also. If you recall the movie, Bridge on the river Kwai, the tune from that movie..Colonel Bogey March.. was made into a Rheingold commercial. And of course, there was Knickerbocker beer, made on the upper east side of Manhattan.

"Vote, vote for Miss Rheingold, Miss Rheingold 1959!"

The old Knickerbocker brewery is now the site of the Rupert Towers development from 90th Street to about 94th between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.  In fact the Rupert family and many of their employees were instrumental in donating funds to build Our Lady of Good Counsel Church about 127 years ago.