Gwinett County GA on fire truck buying spree

The Cincinnati Fire Department a few years ago bought new Police Interceptor SUVs for the four district chiefs, three ALS supervisors, and Safety Officer, then just a couple years later bought Ford F-150s to replace them. They've also been buying quite a few new ambulances in the past few years. I bet in the last 10 years they've bought the equivalent of two new ambulances for each Medic company.

The Cincinnati Fire Department a few years ago bought new Police Interceptor SUVs for the four district chiefs, three ALS supervisors, and Safety Officer, then just a couple years later bought Ford F-150s to replace them. They've also been buying quite a few new ambulances in the past few years. I bet in the last 10 years they've bought the equivalent of two new ambulances for each Medic company.
In a busy system, five years can run a ambulance into the ground. Our buses can go literal weeks without being turned off.

Bulldog

Bulldog
With the price of fire apparatus things days that's really not that much equipment!

In a busy system, five years can run a ambulance into the ground. Our buses can go literal weeks without being turned off.
Having seen a few of the buses dropping off at the hospital I work at, the FDNY rigs are worked and worn. The 2017s are starting to look somewhat worn. I’m actually shocked how some of the 911 participating hospitals can run such old units on the system. Northwell (SIUH) had some 10+ year old rigs running. RUMC wasn’t much better.

mack

Administrator

FDNY EMS units don't even return to the firehouse. They sit in staging areas and never shut down.