Happy Birthday "nfd2004" aka..."Willy D"

69 METS

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Willie 'D' and thank you to Tom Bendick for providing this fine website which made it possible for me to make Willie's acquaintance.

fdce54

Happy Birthday Willie D. I'll buy you a Birthday Big Mac when I see you.

68jk09

Happy Birthday Willie ....Best wishes for many more.

nfd2004

Thank You all. It means alot.
  Mrs "D", who was a little under the weather, bought me a Birthday Cake. But the Cake just wasn't Big Enough to put all the candles. So next year she promises to buy me a "Bigger Cake" to hold more candles. It just seems to get better every year. I just hope that "I" don't get too much Bigger next year.
    My brother George, "georged4997" (retired Bridgeport FF) on this site gave me two packages. He told me that I "NEED" and could use everything in these two boxes. The first box I opened up was Three bars of soap, deodorant, and a special powder that works well around that "special area" on those very hot, humid, summer days. Also an Excellent Jock Itch Spray. He hopes this will keep the Foul Odor Away, at least for a little while.
    He also got me something else I could sure use. A "GPS" for the Buff Mobile. Welcome to the21st Century. No more of those street maps needed for chasing my favorite rigs. Thank You Brother Georgie "D", who I often refer to as Dr Harvard H. Whippleman due to his huge wealth of knowledge. No matter what it is, he has ALL the Right answers. And although he says, he's NOT into the Fire Dept anymore, you can catch him sneaking around on this site, and maybe a few other FD sites out there. Better known I guess as a "Closet Buff".
  Thank you very much guys. And I consider you all good friends.

truck4

Administrator
A great, big Happy Birthday to Willie D!!

Now send that GPS to Tommy and he'll program all the NYC box numbers into it!

Capnkeys

Willy D......Set that GPS to Mile Marker 88 U.S. 1 The Overseas Highway in the Sunshine State. Me and Sharon will be waiting for you and the little lady, 69Mets promised he'd show up too (hope you don't mind a bit of embellishment G). Barrel full of brewskies on ice waiting for you at the "end of the road."

Capnkeys

truck4 said:
A great, big Happy Birthday to Willie D!!

Now send that GPS to Tommy and he'll program all the NYC box numbers into it!

LOL!!!

69 METS

Capnkeys said:
Willy D......Set that GPS to Mile Marker 88 U.S. 1 The Overseas Highway in the Sunshine State. Me and Sharon will be waiting for you and the little lady, 69Mets promised he'd show up too (hope you don't mind a bit of embellishment G). Barrel full of brewskies on ice waiting for you at the "end of the road."

This is a 'no brainer' ... hang out with a couple of Brothers in 'Da Keys', drink beer and talk about 'the job' ... I'M IN.

svd385

Belated Happy Birthday Willie.... and stick with the smaller cake so you can get TLC for your next birthday.  (Ten Less Candles)

nfd2004

THANK YOU ALL very much.
  For those that are somewhat on the "downhill slide", we begin to realize how quickly those years pass by. We look back and say; "Where did the time go" ? As a kid, I remember my father bringing me into the firehouse to pick up his pay check, long before "direct deposit". "I sure loved that".
  I remember when I became a Volunteer Firefighter and how Great that was. I sure enjoyed it. We would always hope for the call to come in, EXCEPT on Saturday Nights where we would get our favorite seats to watch a TV Show called "Emergency", and for the first time, we heard the word "Paramedic" and watched firemen go to medical calls.
  I remember the First day I walked the four blocks, in uniform, to the old firehouse I was about to make my new career in. I sure was proud. And as the "Probie" they told me to make sure there is ALWAYS fresh coffee. Those days, many will remember we would have to perk the coffee on the stove.
  In that firehouse, we bought our first microwave oven. I couldn't believe how fast we could cook a meal.
  But before I knew it, 30 years had went by and it was time to leave that firehouse to make way for the now much faster, and stronger guys. And for new leaders to come in. So it was time to move on. When I retired I felt like I had just Lost my Best Friend, but had Won the Lottery at the same time.
  Since that time in 2004, when I retired, I consider myself to be one very lucky guy. Because I've gotten to meet and talk to some of the BEST PEOPLE involved in the Fire Service, through this site, that I could EVER MEET.
  Thanks Again Guys.

kidfrmqns

Haven't been on in a couple days, sorry I missed your birthday. Happy belated Willy D!!!