Ladder 10 question

Are there any thoughts, plans or info on whether tentrucks new ladder will feature a murial on the rig? If the dept or ferrara  have no plans for such, how much would need to be raised to have such a fitting murial on ten truck to see them through the new rigs next ten years of service on sacred ground??

Just a thought.

Jt

Rodent251 said:
Are there any thoughts, plans or info on whether tentrucks new ladder will feature a murial on the rig? If the dept or ferrara  have no plans for such, how much would need to be raised to have such a fitting murial on ten truck to see them through the new rigs next ten years of service on sacred ground??

Just a thought.

Jt

I don't work there and never have, but perhaps they don't want it on the next rig.  I'd imagine that's a very tough place to work, with regard to it's location.  It's a bit of a living memorial and I'm sure that the constant attention as such can be draining on the guys that work there.  I mean, they can't even put the doors up without people wandering in.  Not to say that guests aren't welcome, but I'm sure that it's hard to conduct everyday business when you serve as the host of the Bronze 9/11 memorial wall, ect.

It would be nice to see the same murial on the new ladder 10 as is on the current ladder But i have to agree with Johnny Bopp. I have been at Engine- Ladder 10 when i have been in New York. You cant even go into the house there are signes stating No non fdny past this point. I have seen People fall over the members going to and returning from a run to get a Picture of ladder 10, Im sure it gets old yes i would like to see a murial on the new Ladder 10 but give the guys a break they dont need to be overwhelmed by every one.

116ff60 said:
It would be nice to see the same murial on the new ladder 10 as is on the current ladder But i have to agree with Johnny Bopp. I have been at Engine- Ladder 10 when i have been in New York. You cant even go into the house there are signes stating No non fdny past this point. I have seen People fall over the members going to and returning from a run to get a Picture of ladder 10, Im sure it gets old yes i would like to see a murial on the new Ladder 10 but give the guys a break they dont need to be overwhelmed by every one.

They sell hats and t-shirts out of the house which is one of the reasons they get alot of people traffic in and out of the house. I found it a very welcoming house when i visited in '08

IRISH said:
116ff60 said:

They sell hats and t-shirts out of the house which is one of the reasons they get alot of people traffic in and out of the house. I found it a very welcoming house when i visited in '08

Every firehouse does that. He's right give these guys a break. Its not Disney Land its a graveyard.

RPM3311 said:
IRISH said:
116ff60 said:

Every firehouse does that. He's right give these guys a break. Its not Disney Land its a graveyard.

It's neither.  It's a regular working firehouse in New York City that happens to be located where it is.  They do sell shirts, that does help raise money for good causes and I'm sure that those guys are very welcoming.  However, it does get very difficult to conduct business and drills while entertaining guests.  Just be conscious of that.

JohnnyBopp said:
RPM3311 said:
IRISH said:
116ff60 said:

It's neither.  It's a regular working firehouse in New York City that happens to be located where it is.  They do sell shirts, that does help raise money for good causes and I'm sure that those guys are very welcoming.  However, it does get very difficult to conduct business and drills while entertaining guests.  Just be conscious of that.

Exactly.. when i was there i was speaking with the FF on housewatch who gave me the t-shirt and brought me over to the memorial wall as i'd asked to see it and he spoke very highly of the men on it. (if they had of being drilling i wouldn't have bothered them). Its fire house tradition all over the world to welcome guests especially if you bring stakes and or dessert lol