Lawrence MA 3 alarm

mack

Administrator
Thanks Chief for posting.  It seems to be a long run for Lowell to respond as the 3rd ladder into Lawrence. What about Methuen, Andover or N Andover? 

Methuen Ladder staffed with 2, No Andover cross staffed with ladder runs down to a chauffer, Andover more of the same. Closest City with Multiple ladders Lowell, Haverhill staffs one, Salem NH cross staffs a station and will respond. Lawrence reciprocates to Lowell, at least it is not an open tiller running the 19 miles along the River.

Over the years I know there's been huge cutbacks in places like Lawrence and Lowell, Mass. These cities have had their share of fires too. A 19 mile run for a ladder responding mutual aid is an example of those cutbacks. I wouldn't want to be the one hanging from the 5th or 6th floor window waiting for that ladder.

My bitch about mutual aid. It is there when you have a serious incident and you are overwhelmed with the situation. It is not to bail out moron politicians who do not care about anyone but themselves. A 19 mile mutual aid call, well who is going to cover them, a truck on a 25 mile run. This is stupidity run amuck. Your tax money is for your community on a daily basis, police, fire, garbage, snow removal. Mutual aid is for that 3 story vacant factory or 2 house fires at the same time.. If I was a politician I would hope no  one would question their apparatus going 19 miles on their tax money to another city. I understand the response, they are under-staffed but I want my guys to come to me. I betcha this will not be the last time in Lawrence, and Lowell.