Leather Helmets

I have noticed in pictures that more guys are wearing leather helmets. I was wondering since they are no longer going to be using Morning Pride gear if that will be going back to Leather Helmets?

FDNY is going away from Morning Pride gear?  Why the change?  I have often noticed a few leather helmets here and there on pictures and thought they were 'hold overs' from the good ole days but didn't know they were allowed to wear them again let alone switching from Morning Pride gear.  What brand are they switching to?

They are going to Lion. I was told that by the head of the Quartermaster last week. I do work for them.

So why the switch?  Money? or are they unhappy with Morning Pride?  Or just a new person in charge who doesn't like Morning Pride?

Bulldog

Bulldog
deff64 said:
So why the switch?  Money? or are they unhappy with Morning Pride?  Or just a new person in charge who doesn't like Morning Pride?
I'm quite sure the issue is probably price. I'm sure like everything else turnout gear is put up for bid every so often just like the trucks and other equipment are and this time around Lion probably just got a little more aggressive with their pricing.

Bulldog said:
deff64 said:
I'm quite sure the issue is probably price. I'm sure like everything else turnout gear is put up for bid every so often just like the trucks and other equipment are and this time around Lion probably just got a little more aggressive with their pricing.

They pilot tested several different bunker gears and Lion was the winner