LOCK PULLER.

what ever happened to Sennella (sp) tools? Pulled dozens of mortise locks withn one.  Ya never hear of them anymore.

Sunila tools are not found around anymore......most Officers tools are heavier/larger.......more leverage as well as more weight for taking double pane energy efficient windows......i have an original one....it was invented by an FDNY CPT named Sunila from ENG*84.....&  manufactured by Bridgeport Tool Company.....there is an article about it in the "Autumn" 1961 WNYF.......maybe someone more computer literate can post it here.

Hey Chief, I would like to know what you never left the rig without? Tool or piece of equipment! Believe me this will help me get a point over to my guys.

Hopefully this is a picture of a Sinella tool,  18" long about 1 1/2 lb,  not bad to carry. It's a nail puller and you had to file the fork to 1/4 " to get behind the lock keyway.I carried it when I saw gates appearing on the windows.  Bridgeport was bought out by  Stanley and discontinued.

CFDMarshal said:
Hey Chief, I would like to know what you never left the rig without? Tool or piece of equipment! Believe me this will help me get a point over to my guys.

FLASHLIGHT!

CFD.....i would agree w/flashlight for ALL at any incident no matter what time of night or day........also for TRUCK FFs at any incident =always have some type of tool.......811 thanks for the article.....L103 i see you had it chromed at some point....that is exactly the original ,i can even see the Bridgeport stamp on the shaft.....i had cut about the lower six inches of mine & slid it into a sleeve on the back hip of my coat......required a little more leverage but was always available.....most Officers (Bob Blume Sr. included ) kept it at the factory length.

I had a shoemaker make up a nice sleeve just behind my coat pocket,  worked perfect.  I wanted the length,  I was more concerned about getting the damned gates off the windows when I carried the can.  Lt. Connors had his in 2 pieces with a short section of 1/2 " pipe to slip it together,  Very nifty.    Key tool was a modified church key.  68,  you mentioned Blume Sr.  When I new him there was no sr,  All the guys I worked with all have sons in the job I guess.

EMS SHEARS = ALTERNATE KEY TOOL .... www.facebook.com/LtMikeCiampo/videos/679129392942232 .... practice this technique & also keep in mind that if the mortise lock body is wide enough (depending on the type of door) you can in a case without any key tool use your bare index finger to depress the tongue & slide it ....also consider the point of the Halligan to depress & slide it...do not confuse the mortise lock with a rim lock .....also without a lock puller consider the Halligan Adz or Fork to rip out the mortise cylinder or rim lock cylinder (not as neat as a lock puller but it does the job).....whatever the technique (especially sliding the tounge) practice it over & over & know the options cold beforehand .