Looking for housing while in NYPD academy

RPM3311

It sounds like I should find out in the next few days that I got accepted in to the October class of the NYPD academy (my exam and list should be reached next week). I currently live in Pennsylvania so I am required to move within 30 days of being sworn in. I can't really make the PA to Queens commute everyday of those 30 days so I basically have to move ASAP. Does anyone have or know of anyone who has a place I could either rent permanently or rent short term (during the 30 days) while I look for a permanent place? If so could you please PM me or respond here and I can give better contact info. I really appreciate any and all assistance as the date gets closer my stress of not having a place rises.

BCR

I am not sure how the NYPD works, however the FD that I got on had a similar residency requirement, that had a similar deadline after being sworn in however we were not sworn in until we completed the acadmey, again I do not know how the nYPD works (if your sworn in at the start or completion) etc. but you may want to look into it because you may have more time to find a permanent spot. Good luck and congratulations