Lt. James Curran Memorial Seminar

Does any one know the dates and topics for the 2018 Seminar. Its always a good time and great to walk around the training grounds.

Thanks

efd607 said:
Does any one know the dates and topics for the 2018 Seminar. Its always a good time and great to walk around the training grounds.

Thanks

I hope someone will be able to post this information for you.

For many years I would attend these classes. At that time they were usually given about every three months on a Saturday. It was a GREAT idea and probably the BEST Fire Dept Classes I had EVER ATTENDED.

These classes were given by guys that knew what they were talking about. Guys that had done it not just read about it. There were many that would come back to teach two or three times a year. Guys like Andy Fredricks, Vincent Dunn, Ray Downey, and several others.

Those instructors would donate their time to teach these classes. A small fee would be charged and it included lunch as well, with ALL Profits going to the Burn Center.

Here is one example that I will give and will never forget how these classes helped me to do the job.

One of those classes was what to look for and how to handle a C.O. call. I didn't know too much about it then.

So as most fire depts. we responded to a routine medical call for an elderly woman early one evening. I don't remember the exact nature though. While inside I noticed that about 4-5 kids from ages 4 -10 were all sleeping, including the father. The mother said the kids didn't feel good and she had just got home from shopping.

We take care of the elderly woman's medical call and are ready to leave. Then I remembered some of the things from that class. I wanted to go back in that apt to check for a C.O. reading. I went back and our meter gave us high readings. We got those kids and the father to the hospital. I found out later that all of them had very high C.O. readings in their blood and no doubt would have been dead by the next morning.

But it was only because of that class about two weeks earlier that we went back in. 

From the Burn Foundation Facebook page:

"To all of our followers. We are very happy to announce that our Annual Seminar will be happening on October 13th, 2018. Please stay tuned for more details on this event."

Just to update, the Burn Foundation Facebook page now showing the seminar on October 6th, 2018

Can someone post the link to the seminar? I might just take that in. What do you think,Mack and fltpara16.

^^^^Info on the 2018 Seminar 10-6-18....    https://www.eventbrite.com/e/38th-annual-james-curran-memorial-seminar-tickets-48290937494