LUF & MENTAL PERFORMANCE.

68jk09 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRA5GzoBagM

Chief I recently had the great pleasure of meeting Dan Murphy and listen to him speak at our firehouse. He gave an outstanding presentation on firefighter rescue and removals. He?s certainly one of the best, a wealth of knowledge.

Thanks Chief, and I know of a few dozen guys that I'm going to pass this around to.

Chief,

This is one of the most important training initiatives I?ve ever seen, not only for the Fire Service but for any profession that operates in chaotic situations and requires ?cool under fire?. 

Where Lt. Murphy recalls ?that deep, cleansing breath?, ?stop running ? walk?get hold of yourself?,  ?calm down get hold of the situation...think a little bit better?, I remember well one of my training officers, a Navy SEAL, who kept reinforcing the very simple, life-saving mantra:

?Slow is smooth.  Smooth is fast."​

Think about it and it makes an extraordinary lot of sense.  And remember it.  Self- discipline is absolutely paramount.  Been there, done that. I speak from experience.

Learn from what you ? and others - did right.  Learn from what you ? and others - did wrong. Never forget either and teach those following you.