MANDATORY RES & SQ RESPONSE ON A 10-75.

From Supp.9 of DO 7  1-30-2020......2.1.4 COMMUNICATIONS MANUAL, CHAPTER 7
Communications Manual, Chapter 7, titled Additional Assistance, relocations, and Special Units, dated June 17, 2014, is amended, as follows:
Under: Section 7.6, Response Assignments Delete: Sub-Bullets 9, 10, 11 Insert: New Sub-Bullet 9, to read: A Rescue Company will be assigned to all 10-75 signals.
Under: Section 7.7, Squad Companies Delete: Bullets 5, 6, 7 Insert: New Bullet 5, to read: A Squad Company will be assigned to all 10-75 signals.
Affected pages 26-29 (Rev. 01/30/20) reflecting these changes have been issued to all Bureaus and Divisions for equal distribution to all units under their command.
2.1.5 COMMUNICATIONS MANUAL, CHAPTER 8
Communications Manual, Chapter 8, titled Radio Communications dated July 8, 2008, is amended, as follows:
Under Signal 10-75
Delete: 1 - Rescue Company (if available) Insert: 1 - Rescue Company Delete: 1 - Squad Company (if available) Insert: 1 - Squad Company
Affected pages 17-18 (Rev. 01/30/20) reflecting this change have been issued and forwarded to all Bureaus and Divisions for equal distribution to all units under their command.

68jk09 said:
Communications Manual, Chapter 7, titled Additional Assistance, relocations, and Special Units, dated June 17, 2014, is amended, as follows:
Under: Section 7.6, Response Assignments Delete: Sub-Bullets 9, 10, 11 Insert: New Sub-Bullet 9, to read: A Rescue Company will be assigned to all 10-75 signals.
Under: Section 7.7, Squad Companies Delete: Bullets 5, 6, 7 Insert: New Bullet 5, to read: A Squad Company will be assigned to all 10-75 signals.
Affected pages 26-29 (Rev. 01/30/20) reflecting these changes have been issued to all Bureaus and Divisions for equal distribution to all units under their command.
Communications Manual, Chapter 8, titled Radio Communications dated July 8, 2008, is amended, as follows:
Under Signal 10-75
Delete: 1 - Rescue Company (if available) Insert: 1 - Rescue Company Delete: 1 - Squad Company (if available) Insert: 1 - Squad Company
Affected pages 17-18 (Rev. 01/30/20) reflecting this change have been issued and forwarded to all Bureaus and Divisions for equal distribution to all units under their command.

What would happen in the event all the rescues are already on a box? First one up responds to the new box? Or a squad acting goes?

BK_1253 said:
What would happen in the event all the rescues are already on a box? First one up responds to the new box? Or a squad acting goes?

If it happened enough perhaps the seeds would be planted to re-activate Rescue 6 on a permanent basis

PLEASE - - don't get logical!  It screws everything up.  Remember - this is the City of New York and screw ups are mandatory.

CanadianFireman said:
BK_1253 said:

If it happened enough perhaps the seeds would be planted to re-activate Rescue 6 on a permanent basis

No chance.

I'd bet for many many years lots of people said no chance to Squad 8 too. I didn't say it would be anytime soon but it has been many many years since the last Rescue was organized and their job keeps growing. Now with there being mandatory response to 10-75 one day I think it COULD happen. I think there is a good chance of there being more then 5 10-75 or greater happening at the same time city-wide, not to mention pin jobs or other events requiring a Rescue

The real change here is the next up Rescue is dispatched on the initial report of a 10-75 , as a posed to not being sent till a ?all hands , doubtful ? was transmitted. It?s just getting the next up Rescue on the road sooner. Also was big contention that with ? Unconfirmed Pin job?.... if the normally assigned Rescue wasn?t available, the next up Rescue from the other Boro was automatically but on initial ticket ....and this was for a unconfirmed pin . Like I already stated... But for a confirmed 10-75 , the next up Rescue wasn?t added till the ?all hands doubtful ?.  Didn?t make much sense. 

As for R-6 ...not anytime soon , if ever.

Lets just say hypothetically Rescue 6 was formed. How many companies would be closed because of that? Remember E154 was doomed with the new squad. In NYC nothing is too good for its Fire and Police Departments. ::)

If anything there would be another squad opened up. 3rd Division is the only area without a Squad Company.... cough cough Squad 99 LOL but if I did see a Squad in the 3rd it would prob be E23 cause they can fit the 2nd piece. Or E74 would have to move to L25

skylerfire said:
If anything there would be another squad opened up. 3rd Division is the only area without a Squad Company.... cough cough Squad 99 LOL but if I did see a Squad in the 3rd it would prob be E23 cause they can fit the 2nd piece. Or E74 would have to move to L25

When the Squads were formed in 1998, E23 was supposed to become one of the new Squad Companies,...... there was resistance..... and they did not become a Squad.....

I can actually see that happen. Engine 154 on SI needs to reopen as SI needs another engine and truck.

68jk09 said:
Under Signal 10-75

Wow Chief... it's as if you set off a bomb on the RANT when you posted this. The rescue haters and whiners came out of the closet in full force. I suppose that we should believe that none of these guys ever worked in a company where an occasional assigned member was a screw up or was out of position or had a big mouth and a high opinion of himself? I worked in a really busy engine, truck, squad prior to becoming a Rescue Firefighter. I enjoyed every assignment, worked with way more great guys (in all units) than not so great and really don't appreciate the little girl like yap-yap on a public forum that the New York media has used against FDNY Firefighters on more than one occasion.