Manhattan & Bronx Rescue & Squad Coverage

I believe I read somewhere that Rescue 1 covers up until 125th st, above that and the Bronx is covered by Rescue 3, is that accurate? Along the same premise seeing Squad 41 on 150th and their patch saying Bronx & Harlem, and 18 on 10th is there a steadfast break where they cover to? Thank you I?m advance. -Ian

HCO

Rescue 1 is assigned, for incidents west of 5th Avenue, north to 125th Street, and east of 5th Avenue to 116th Street. Rescue 3 has the area north of those streets
Squad 18 is assigned on the west side north to 90th Street; Squad 41 is assigned from 91st Street north. East side response for Squad 18 is north to 83rd Street. Squad 41 has from 84th Street north.

Somewhat related, did Squad 252's response area change at all when Squad 8 came online? Was wondering if Squad 1 got more of Brooklyn since they didn't have to cover SI any longer.

guitarman314 said:
baileyjeff said:
I think Squad 1 just lost Staten Island, nothing else. Squad 1 is a lot slower now.
  Odometer isn't turning as much as it used to. ;)

How RIGHT YOU ARE G-man.

Distance between Squad 1, at 788 Union St, Brooklyn, and Squad 8, 3730 Victory Blvd in Staten Island, is 14.6 miles. Not really too far for some cities or county fire departments to travel for a run. Espically a Specialized Piece. The average travel time is 33 Minutes.

BUT - make that rush hour traffic time in NYC and you could easily add in at least an additional One Hour. I'm speaking from past experience and I promised myself then; "NEVER AGAIN".  :mad: :( :'(