May We Have A Drum Roll Please

nfd2004

Members and visitors of Nycfire.net:

We have some EXCITING News To Come

So PLEASE Stay tuned to this web site for that very Special Announcement which is soon to come.

May we have a Drum Roll - PLEASE !

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOuBjLwOALI

nfd2004

Members of Nycfire.net, Tonight October 30, 2020 we have reason to celebrate.

Ladies and Gentlemen, tonight I have the HONOR of reporting to you that OUR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER - Mr "mikeindabronx", has reached a total of 25,000 messages posted on this site. Something that has NEVER been done before.
Mike joined this very popular web site in August, 2009. I'm sure at that time, he never expected to be HONORED for such a very prestigious award.

With that said Mike, on behalf of all of the 3,111 registered members here, plus the hundreds of visitors to this site, We say "THANK YOU for all the effort and time that you have put into Nycfire.net to make it the success that it is today". We Wish YOU All The Best.

In addition to Our Most Valuable Player, we have another very Impressive Member here. This member has posted the Most Popular Thread on this site.
It all began back in February, 2012 and ran until December, 2017. That one thread has reached Over ONE MILLION Views by members and visitors to this web site.
That very Popular Topic of course is; "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies", which was started by Our Member/Moderator "mack" in February, 2012.

Then in December, 2017 that "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies" was followed up with the Second Edition of that topic titled: "FDNY and NYC Firehouses and Fire Companies - 2nd Section".
That newer version has seen over 291,000 views since it's beginning.
Some Very Impressive Numbers to say the least.
Thank you "mack". Each and every firehouse/fire company has an entire history packed with photos, videos, newspaper stories and most importantly, "It's Members. GREAT JOB Mack.

We also need to acknowledge our good friend, Mr "Johnny Gage" for his major contribution to this site known as "Glory Days". Where Mr Gage has told us the story of his working with the very busy NYC/EMS (prior to merger with FDNY), also as a Firefighter in Our Nations Capital, Washington, D.C., and of course followed with a career as an FDNY Firefighter.
Glory Days began just over one year ago in March, 2019 and already has seen OVER 217,000 views.
We also want to THANK Mr Gage for his very popular "Vintage FDNY War Lids" and "Throwback Thursdays".

Let me also mention a friend here who has NEVER let me down when I needed his help. That member known as "Signal 73" and who carries today the Highest Reaction score of "Likes" by the members of this site.

Of course we are THANKFUL to have with us Member "68jk09", who reports to us the very sad news of "Another War Vets Passes". They will be remembered as "The GREATEST GENERATION of FIREFIGHTERS" for the job they did during the busiest years of fighting fires in the largest city in America - The Firefighters of New York City during the FDNY War Years.
In addition we appreciate the vast amount of knowledge that "68jk09" shares with us regarding the operation and history of the FDNY.

We also want to THANK the many members of this site for posting their stories, interesting facts, history, apparatus, rundowns, size ups, videos, etc. We ALL Greatly Appreciate What You Do. We all have the same interest. We consist of Active and Retired Firefighters, EMTs/Medics, Volunteer Firefighters, Buffs, Dispatchers, Police Officers, Military Members, etc, from across the U.S.A. and even the World.

And of course We Owe It ALL to both Retired FDNY Captain John Bendick and his son, FDNY Lt Tommy Bendick, because without them, NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED.

I must also add on a personnel note, that because of this site I have many new friends. ALL Great Guys and I certainly Appreciate ALL they've done for me.

To ALL, Please Stay Safe out there, okay.

Willy D, aka "NFD2004"

manhattan

As usual, you stated this beautifully, Bill. Thank you for stating so eloquently what I'm positive so many of The Site's members feel.

(Despite what many people say about you, we all appreciate you!!!) ;)

Last edited: