MERV 3

Where is MERV 3 kept? and where was it kept in 1998/1999? Because it makes a small background appearance in my favorite movie and i would like to know what hospital it was kept at?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
It was merv 1 stationed at Bellevue hospital aka station 8 at the time of the movie. Third watch also filmed scenes at the same location.
building has since been torn down.

IRISH said:
SNJ said:
What is a MERV unit and how is it manned?

MERV ( Major Emergency Response Vehicle ) manned by EMS

The MERV is manned by an EMT operator 24/7. Upon response to an incident the I.C. will designate a responding ambulance crew(s) to "man the Merv." This crew will now evaluate, treat and designate patients that need to be transported to a hospital. At an MCI there are various segments, i.e., Staging, Triage & Treatment and Transport all under the auspices of an EMS officer and 99% of the time there is only one Officer for quite a while handling all the sectors.

memory master said:
IRISH said:
SNJ said:
What is a MERV unit and how is it manned?

MERV ( Major Emergency Response Vehicle ) manned by EMS

The MERV is manned by an EMT operator 24/7. Upon response to an incident the I.C. will designate a responding ambulance crew(s) to "man the Merv." This crew will now evaluate, treat and designate patients that need to be transported to a hospital. At an MCI there are various segments, i.e., Staging, Triage & Treatment and Transport all under the auspices of an EMS officer and 99% of the time there is only one Officer for quite a while handling all the sectors.

Thanks there "Memory Master". I was always wondering about that myself.

Whenever I went to visit my grandmother in manhattan I would see a MERV parked by NYU?? hospital? 23rd st off of the east river?

I believe MERVS respond on All 10-75's they used to only go on Second Alarms but it's 10-75's now