Multiversal?

bhff22

My Dept has a TFT Crossfire prepiped deck gun with a fog and stack tips, does this qualify as a Multiversal?

johnd248

A true multiversal has two or three handlines supplying it, hence the term "multi".  I don't believe a prepiped deck gun is the same.  The old multiversals could be operated off the top of the engine or down on the street.

bhff22

dam, I ment to mention that it is removable and can be operated from the street, but it is supplied with 1 4" LDH. "MULTI" refers to multiple lines?

johnd248

That is my understanding; the old FDNY multiversals had connections for three 2 1/2 inch lines.  That is how it was done in the 1960s; I don't know when it changed.

Bulldog

Bulldog
In most areas any portable master stream device is considered a multiversal.  As mentioned above the old ones used to have two or three 2 1/2 inch hose line connections with flapper valves.  New ones coming many configurations including the TFT one you have.  Master stream devices that are permanently mounted to a truck are not considered a multiversal however.