NEW 10-30 SIGNAL PROBLEM.

11-14-18...From Operations....Units shall be extra dilligent on HW due to the fact that the Tone alert will not go off on the following conditions. Communications has advised Fire Operations that when Dispatchers receive multiple calls & load up the Box, the additional Units assigned to the box will receive a Message on the teleprinter (10-30 Load up the Box) WITHOUT TONE ALARMS.  Members assigned to Housewatch shall monitor teleprinter as they may receive a response WITH OUT TONE ALARM (10-30 LOAD UP THE BOX).  Fire communications is working on the problem & hope to have it corrected as soon as possible.

Word from a Dispatcher... QUOTE..It is only a code used by Dispatchers to generate the screen . We have been instructed not to use it until further notice. UNQUOTE.

Quick story about the bells. While in Proby school on Welfare Island during the summer of 1970 & after taking a test in the bell class, I messed up royally. The fellow sitting next to me maxed every test.
I was amazed & then found out later on,that he was a FDNY  dispatcher that switched over.?

den114 said:
Quick story about the bells. While in Proby school on Welfare Island during the summer of 1970 & after taking a test in the bell class, I messed up royally. The fellow sitting next to me maxed every test.
I was amazed & then found out later on,that he was a FDNY  dispatcher that switched over.?

"den114" -  :'(  ???  :-[ 

"former FDNY dispatcher"  -  8)  ;D  :)