New Boston firehouse

I don't know a lot about Boston FD, but I'm pretty sure 17/7 are on the busier side of things up there. A quick Google search and street view, looks like the firehouse is in a nice neighborhood. Do they just have a large response area or is the Google street view deceiving?

I'll help...17 and 7, Car 7 protect a very diversified (nice, idiots and criminals) section of the City.
We always said 90% of the work came from 10% of the addresses.
Lots of 3 story wood frames, large 2.5 PD's and light to medium-commercial.
My father grew up on Draper St. off Bowdoin St. and my grandfather (WW1 Vet.) moved to 330 Bowdoin St. until his passing.
I always wanted to go visit my grandfather because Eng.17 with 2nd piece Squirt, Lad. 7 with the tiller and Car 7 would pass by 330 Bowdoin St. coming from Qtrs. off the "Hill".
Fast forward, 1993 I'm assigned a sector car Bowdoin/Hamilton/Quincy etc.. midnights until 2006, I had an assignment opportunity and moved on.
The "Brothers" at 17 and 7 were top-shelf. If I stayed for the day and was nearby, lunch was the kitchen table.
In my hometown now, I bump into a Chief's-Aid, hello turns into 30 minutes later.
I wish them well with the new Qtrs.

I

I'll help...17 and 7, Car 7 protect a very diversified (nice, idiots and criminals) section of the City.
We always said 90% of the work came from 10% of the addresses.
Lots of 3 story wood frames, large 2.5 PD's and light to medium-commercial.
My father grew up on Draper St. off Bowdoin St. and my grandfather (WW1 Vet.) moved to 330 Bowdoin St. until his passing.
I always wanted to go visit my grandfather because Eng.17 with 2nd piece Squirt, Lad. 7 with the tiller and Car 7 would pass by 330 Bowdoin St. coming from Qtrs. off the "Hill".
Fast forward, 1993 I'm assigned a sector car Bowdoin/Hamilton/Quincy etc.. midnights until 2006, I had an assignment opportunity and moved on.
The "Brothers" at 17 and 7 were top-shelf. If I stayed for the day and was nearby, lunch was the kitchen table.
In my hometown now, I bump into a Chief's-Aid, hello turns into 30 minutes later.
I wish them well with the new Qtrs.

I
And D-7 had a great chief, Vinnie Bolger, especially during our "War Years". Great rapport with the Boston Sparks Association as well.

And D-7 had a great chief, Vinnie Bolger, especially during our "War Years". Great rapport with the Boston Sparks Association as well.
I don't know the other 3 but Erik Pettaway is a chief there now and he is one of the best! Worked with Artie and a handful of great old school Jakes