New Fdny Rescue 3

So i was shopping on 187th st and saw the old rescue 3 turn the corner. To my surprise it was followed by the new rescue. Sorry for the crummy cell phone shot,didnt have my regular camera.

1313256383189.jpg

So now we have Rescues with 2nd Sections???  :eek: ::)

Seriously . . . R5 had its new rig for a fair amount of time before it went into service, didn't they?  Familiarization with the new beast?

City wants members to put a little mileage on it before they accept delivery. This is due to previous problems with new rescue rigs.

That is a really nice rig!

As unorthodox as it is within the FDNY (apparently law was changed on this recently), I'm liking the blue lights on the back. But then, I used to live in Arizona, and they've allowed blue for a long time.

Also, those main strobes are kind of interesting. Almost like mini-Aerodynics (sp?), but in strobe form. Looks really sharp.

Buff 188 said:
That is a really nice rig!

As unorthodox as it is within the FDNY (apparently law was changed on this recently), I'm liking the blue lights on the back. But then, I used to live in Arizona, and they've allowed blue for a long time.

Also, those main strobes are kind of interesting. Almost like mini-Aerodynics (sp?), but in strobe form. Looks really sharp.

they're actually amber lights under a blue lens. they look amber when they're on. the old Rescue 2 had them on for a few years

they arent storbes there leds with a rotoar on the ends of the left and right light bars