New Haven, CT - 2nd Alarm 11-28-13

Date: 11-28-13
Time: 09:00hrs.
Area: Annex
Description Of Incident: Car 33(East Battalion Chief) transmitting a Signal 73(Working Fire) and a Signal 22(2nd Alarm) for heavy fire in the cockloft and through the roof of a 3-story wood-frame condo complex. Numerous L/S/O's w/Truck Companies opening up. All hands working. All searches negative.
Units Operating: NHFD; NHPD

Box Assignment:

Engine 5, Engine 17, Engine 10
Truck 3
Squad 1
Emergency Unit 1
Car 33(East Battalion Chief)

Signal 22(2nd Alarm) Assignment:

Engine 8, Engine 4
Truck 1
Squad 2(R.I.T.)
Car 32(DC), Car 39(AC-Ops.), Car 50(Air Supply Unit)

Sorry i dont know why my pics are sideways

E16 was behind me when i turned onto townsend they where going to a AFA

firstdue said:
New Haven FD gets a lot of jobs right? Are they a busy department
New Haven is the second largest city in Connecticut(after Bridgeport), with a population of over 130,000 living in 18 square miles.

New Haven FD does around 80 Jobs a year give or take 5 or 10. I believe they get the most Working Structure Fires in the state.

The NHFD operates out of 10 Fire Stations and run 10 Engines, 4 Trucks, 2 Squads, 2 BLS Emergency Units, 2 Battalions, and an on-duty Deputy Chief. In total, they do around 25,000 calls a year. They're a good department and very busy by CT's standards. They were just hiring in the last couple of years.

Over the last three years or so the New Haven Fire Dept has had the most working fires of any city in Connecticut. Last year I think they had 77 jobs. Followed by Bridgeport and Hartford.

The totals listed for all Connecticut Cities can be found on www.ctfire-ems.com . Listed under Working Fires.

This latest job was a top floor fire in the middle of a condo complex with heavy fire blowing out the rear. The members did an excellent job with holding it to a second alarm assignment.