New Members Welcomed

nfd2004

To the Newer Members of Nycfire.net, WE WELCOME YOU.

Whether you are a career or volunteer firefighter, EMT/Medic, even Military or members of a police dept, Active or Retired, or as myself, a buff of the FDNY, you will find this to be a very interesting web site of which we ALL have the same interest. We have members from throughout the United States, as well throughout the World.

We have members who contribute on a daily basis, a wealth of information on various emergency incidents.

We have members who contribute some great stories and history related to the FDNY. Some from outside the FDNY as well.

We have members that are willing to answer some of your questions regarding the fire service, particularly some who have a wealth of knowledge on the FDNY. Bearing in mind of course that some information can not be given out due to todays security concerns.

Here we have a mutual respect among firefighters, buffs, as well as military and members of the police dept.

This website is owned and run by a father/son team, known as the Bendick Family. John a retired FDNY Captain and his son, Tommy, an Active FDNY Lt. I am very sure that those of us who know them personally will all testify that we couldn't ask for some better people to operate this site.

As newer members your questions as well as comments or stories are always welcomed.

The only thing that John and Tommy Bendick, the owners of the site, request is that we all maintain a civil respect for each other. They run a good web site with very little problems.

Well, all the Best to our Newest Members. Feel Free to join in with your comments, questions, or stories.

"NFD2004", aka Willy

nfd2004

We've had a few new members join this web site recently. Both myself and "mack" have received a couple of messages from newer members telling us how much they appreciate this site.

Those of you who contribute, deserve the Full Credit for making this what it is today. This thing wouldn't exist without your contributions. I think I can speak with confidence that we would all agree to that.

Sometimes it takes a while for newer members to be accepted. I "think" part of that reason being that the owner of this site, "tbendick" who not only runs this site, but also is a FDNY Lt, working in a NYC firehouse, plus heavily involved teaching at the FDNY Academy. Also teaching radio systems and computers.

In addition, before any members are invited I believe they are checked out by "Truck 4" who is a high ranking police officer outside of NYC.

Recently, I've had a couple of friends, who I consider great guys to join this site as well. With their permission I hope to tell you a little bit about them in the "NEWS of MEMBERS" thread. If any new member or even a guy who's been around wants to be introduced, just send me a brief message with your name, as well as user name, and I'll do my best to tell the guys about you.

I would also like to add that a few of our members have contacted us about going back to your original user names before the site changeover. With "tbendick" being very busy sometimes, including raising a family, "mack" has suggested that he be able to do that. That would certainly help, so we are working on that.

By the way, for those who don't know "mack", he is a Retired U.S. Army Colonel with 37 years of Serving Our Country. He also has many years working at the U.S. Pentagon. His father was an FDNY Battalion Chief, his son is a Boston Firefighter, and "mack" has also served as a Volunteer Firefighter in Virginia.

"mack" is certainly Top shelf (just don't let him know I told you that). I can add plenty more guys here too, that whatever their calling in life has been, fit that description.