New Site Software

CFDMarshal

Like the look, just have to go into each and mark it read. The hyperlinks are not working when someone post a link.

rangermsg1

Quick tip on times looking off on posts:

If you click on your profile (mine is a purple circle with an R in it). Then click "preferences" and you'll see the default setting wasnt EST timezone. Save it and all times will be correct.

Not sure if the EST default can be changed site wide.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Quick tip on times looking off on posts:

If you click on your profile (mine is a purple circle with an R in it). Then click "preferences" and you'll see the default setting wasnt EST timezone. Save it and all times will be correct.

Not sure if the EST default can be changed site wide.
Fixed change to EST

manhattan

Haven't yet gone through the whole site, but it looks good from what I've seen so far.

Three questions: will each member's number of posts to date show up as before? On the "Member's Profile" page, what are "Reaction Score" and "Points"? How do I mark a forum so I'll be notified when there's new activity on it?

Congratulations and thank you for some astounding work. in the past and now!

Last edited:

FDNY704

Is there a way you can highlight each Boro when there is new info on them like it use to before?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't yet gone through the whole site, but it looks good from what I've seen so far.

Three questions: will each member's number of posts to date show up as before? On the "Member's Profile" page, what are "Reaction Score" and "Points"? How do I mark a forum so I'll be notified when there's new activity on it?

Congratulations and thank you for some astounding work. in the past and now!
Fixed.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Is there a way you can highlight each Boro when there is new info on them like it use to before?
Go into each boro and at the top right you will see "Mark Read"
This will mark all the messages in the boro as having been read which will reset it.
Then going forward any new posts will trigger the boro to highlight.
System pretty much treated everything as you having never seen the content.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Posting Files

• Under the box you type in to post a message, there is an option to attach file. This can be used for a bunch of different content types.

Posting Images from your device - There are a few ways.

• Use the attach file option mentioned above
  • Click on the photo icon in the tool bar and either link to the image or click to upload the image
  • You can drag the image from your pc and drop in the text box
  • Click on camera icon to bring up the "Media" Gallery - More info below

Media Gallery
  • The media gallery is a new feature to the site. It allows you to upload your own albums of photos
  • You will first need to create an album to upload into before adding media
  • You can then also use the camera icon to add images to posts
News Media
  • The camera icon will allow you to post links to media sites. There is a list of valid media sites when you click on it.
Hope this helps a little.

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
Filtering Posts

Looking for a post and want to sort the list, you can use the "Filter" option.
After you click on it there are a few options, find posts started by someone
Sort from oldest to newest, etc

nfd2004

Thank you very much Tom for all the effort you have been putting into this new site to make things work.

I would like to pass onto our membership the reason why the sudden change. Tommy had some concern that the OLD Software was a security risk so he wanted to shut it down ASAP.

I can also assure the members here that both Tommy B and Joe M., aka "mack" have been working behind the scenes to get things back as much as possible. Both of these individuals have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to computers and their operation.

For those who may not be aware, Tommy in addition to his assignment in the Bronx as an FDNY Lt has frequently taught and even set up computers for the FDNY. He has taught this topic to many of the high ranking chiefs.

Joe M., aka mack, works with computers as his fulltime job within the federal government.

We are ALL very fortunate to have guys like this running the show here. As I see it, "they are Top Shelf".

kidfrmqns

So I found how to see the newest threads first, but what do you click to get to the posts you haven't seen yet? For example in the "Rescues in production" page when I click the title it takes me to post #1 and not to the posts that I have not read. If I only want to see the unread posts within a thread how do you do that?

tbendick

Administrator
Staff member
So I found how to see the newest threads first, but what do you click to get to the posts you haven't seen yet? For example in the "Rescues in production" page when I click the title it takes me to post #1 and not to the posts that I have not read. If I only want to see the unread posts within a thread how do you do that?
Best thing to do is to go into each section and mark it read. This will make everything read in your profile with all new stuff showing up as not read. The conversion doesn't carry over which posts you have ot have not read unfortunately