News of Members

Today, Saturday April 6th, the Willy D Birthday Celebration continues.

I will be meeting up with my niece and her future husband, who is a FDNY member of about 2 1/2 years, assigned to Ladder 13 for dinner at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant.
I like their meatloaf dinners with mashed potatoes, some veggies and a plate of their mac/cheese (yummy)

Don't get me wrong though - Micky Ds cheeseburgers and White Castles sliders are still at the Top of My List.

Then yesterday I went to a local "Ollie Garden", sorry, I mean Olive Garden for the Birthday Celebration.
I got that "Italian Feast" as they call it, with bread sticks and mozzarella sticks.
Wow, was that great and after finishing it, "they almost had to carry me out".

Got a Get Together going on in a couple of days too.
As it stands, "fdce54", "Lt Q", "JohnnyGage", "Lebby", and "Jbendick" meeting up for more great chow.

LIFE SURE IS GREAT.
THANK YOU ALL.

Today, Saturday April 6th, the Willy D Birthday Celebration continues.

I will be meeting up with my niece and her future husband, who is a FDNY member of about 2 1/2 years, assigned to Ladder 13 for dinner at a Cracker Barrel Restaurant.
I like their meatloaf dinners with mashed potatoes, some veggies and a plate of their mac/cheese (yummy)

Don't get me wrong though - Micky Ds cheeseburgers and White Castles sliders are still at the Top of My List.

Then yesterday I went to a local "Ollie Garden", sorry, I mean Olive Garden for the Birthday Celebration.
I got that "Italian Feast" as they call it, with bread sticks and mozzarella sticks.
Wow, was that great and after finishing it, "they almost had to carry me out".

Got a Get Together going on in a couple of days too.
As it stands, "fdce54", "Lt Q", "JohnnyGage", "Lebby", and "Jbendick" meeting up for more great chow.

LIFE SURE IS GREAT.
THANK YOU ALL.
Awesome. Enjoy

Today, Thursday April 11th, we celebrate Retired FDNY War Years Fire Captain and Owner of this web site, "jbendick's" Birthday.

A very special friend to many of us here, and if NOT for "jbendick" - NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE ENJOYING www.nycfire.net.

As a FDNY War Years Member, "jbendick" started his career with the FDNY in 1968, right after serving our country during the Vietnam War as a Combat Engineer.

After graduating from the FDNY Rock in October, 1968, he was assigned to then Squad Co 2, a very busy unit running out of the quarters of probably the most famous firehouse in the country on Intervale and 169th St - Engine 82 and Ladder 31.

With the FDNY's closing of Squad 2 he was then assigned to Engine 75 on Jerome Ave., just as the workload started to pick up there in the West Bronx

Being promoted to Lt he was assigned to Engine 68, another very busy FDNY Bronx company

As captain he served in Manhattan at the busy Engine Co 23, being the boss of that company.

I Would Like to Wish my good friend, "jbendick" a Very, Very Happy Birthday Celebration with many more to come.

And THANK YOU for All You Have Done For Me and For Providing ALL OF US with this Great Web Site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAT Cap.

Today, Thursday April 11th, we celebrate Retired FDNY War Years Fire Captain and Owner of this web site, "jbendick's" Birthday.

A very special friend to many of us here, and if NOT for "jbendick" - NONE OF US WOULD BE HERE ENJOYING www.nycfire.net.

As a FDNY War Years Member, "jbendick" started his career with the FDNY in 1968, right after serving our country during the Vietnam War as a Combat Engineer.

After graduating from the FDNY Rock in October, 1968, he was assigned to then Squad Co 2, a very busy unit running out of the quarters of probably the most famous firehouse in the country on Intervale and 169th St - Engine 82 and Ladder 31.

With the FDNY's closing of Squad 2 he was then assigned to Engine 75 on Jerome Ave., just as the workload started to pick up there in the West Bronx

Being promoted to Lt he was assigned to Engine 68, another very busy FDNY Bronx company

As captain he served in Manhattan at the busy Engine Co 23, being the boss of that company.

I Would Like to Wish my good friend, "jbendick" a Very, Very Happy Birthday Celebration with many more to come.

And THANK YOU for All You Have Done For Me and For Providing ALL OF US with this Great Web Site.

HAPPY BIRTHDAT Cap.
Thanks for the post Willy

Happy Birthday Captain John. Thanks for all you do for this site and for your friendship. Hope your birthday is most enjoyable

A very Happy Birthday 🎂 John. Old guys like us only have our memories of the FDNY left now. I don’t know about you, but if we could only go back to 9/14/ 68 and start over again, what a great ride it was. Thank you for this site, and thank you for letting me be your friend. Enjoy this special day HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend and many more

Just wondering, who has the earliest date of appointment to the job (of the members of this site)?. I'm 10/23/65.
I'm sure there a lot more senior to me.

Wow, "tom113" that sure goes back some years.
I'm sure you have plenty of stories to tell.
The gear, the equipment, etc., etc., PLUS.....

I hope you are in good health and enjoying your well deserved retirement.