Next FDNY Exam?

tommyhal&oat

Anyone hear anything about the next Exam (#7002). Know the test comes around every four years, and the last one was 2017. Not sure if this one will end up being pushed back because of the whole pandemic...who knows. Hoping it comes out soon.

Lebby

July 1, 2021 the new DCAS list comes out which will shows all city tests for the fiscal year. So, the list will show when or if a open competitive will be in the 2021 fiscal year Traditionally the promotional exam from EMS comes out before the open competitive with the last one being December 2016 I believe, and no (confirmed) news on that yet either.

skiLB

July 1, 2021 the new DCAS list comes out which will shows all city tests for the fiscal year. So, the list will show when or if a open competitive will be in the 2021 fiscal year Traditionally the promotional exam from EMS comes out before the open competitive with the last one being December 2016 I believe, and no (confirmed) news on that yet either.
Good info!

Lebby

is there an age limit for EMS? or just fire?
No age limit for being hired on EMS, but an age limit for the EMS promotional. Off the top of my head the oldest member to graduate the academy was 58.

skiLB

No age limit for being hired on EMS, but an age limit for the EMS promotional. Off the top of my head the oldest member to graduate the academy was 58.
58? Wow pretty cool.

nfd2004

My brother-in-law works as an EMT in an ambulance service in Bridgeport, Ct. He's about 65 years old but I don't know how he does it. That job takes a lot of strength and stamina. Plus the dangers of covid or being attacked, etc.

Carrying people down dark stairways, doing CPR, working under very stressful conditions quickly to keep somebody alive. It sure isn't easy. Especially for somebody who is almost ready to collect social security.

skiLB

My brother-in-law works as an EMT in an ambulance service in Bridgeport, Ct. He's about 65 years old but I don't know how he does it. That job takes a lot of strength and stamina. Plus the dangers of covid or being attacked, etc.

Carrying people down dark stairways, doing CPR, working under very stressful conditions quickly to keep somebody alive. It sure isn't easy. Especially for somebody who is almost ready to collect social security.
65? That's gr8!