NON CIVIL / NON SOCIAL DISTURBANCES.

nfd2004

The New London (Ct) Police Dept is a small but very busy police department, located off I-95 midway between New York City and Boston in southeastern, Ct.

It's police dept members face some of the same conditions as their Brother and Sister Officers within much larger cities.

Much like the larger cities there are those that would prefer to defund the NLPD. A police force that as I understand it, has only 5 to 6 patrol cars on duty at a given time. This past weekend there were shootings in which the NLPD was required to call for police mutual aid as unruly crowds gathered.

Like many cities the elected officials have turned their back on the NLPD. I was recently quoted in the NLPD Police Union AFSCME Ct 724 Newsletter.

It is not just places like NYC or New London, Ct where the local elected officials have turned their backs on their police officers. They are NOT concerned about the citizens OR the police officers. As I see it; "Most elected officials are only concerned about their OWN Political Future".

Here is the link to that NLPD newsletter.

www.newlondonpoliceunion.com/

entropychaser

How quaint. If Englewood needs tearing up, the locals are perfectly capable of doing that themselves. Anyone else would be an amateur.

nfd2004

Be it Covid, or the violence going on in places like NYC, but reported today (Sunday 9/6) on our local Connecticut news, "Real Estate sales in Ct are doing very well". Particularly, with people leaving places like NYC.

Before even seeing this on TV, I have a friend who works as a manager of a Real Estate firm in Stratford, Ct (about 60 miles from NYC) and she told me: "Sales are booming there".

I'm guessing it's not only Connecticut either. Another good friend of mine told me he has a friend who left their NYC apartment to move out to the suburbs of New Jersey. They left even though they still had time remaining on their rental lease and it will cost them for making that sudden move. In this case, the couple admitted it is the recent Uncontrolled Crime Rate that has forced them out.

According to that TV news report, it's not only NYC but also places like San Francisco etc were people are leaving. They also said, Long Island is seeing an upsurge as well.

P.S. - To my good friends in NYC, come on up here where the air is cleaner, we have beautiful beaches and country parks, generally plenty of FREE parking even in many of our city areas, the convenience of I-95, I-91, I-84, Route 15 (Merritt Parkway), Rail traffic of Metro North to NYC as well as Amtrak. Convenience to schools, shopping, and medical facilities.

Oh yes, we are HIGHLY Taxed but less than NYC. Our largest cities such as Bridgeport, New Haven, Hartford, and Waterbury certainly have their share of crime and tough places too. But if my brother can relocate from Bridgeport (pop - 140,000) to a small place like the Village of Baltic, in Sprague, CT ( pop - 4,000) and make it okay, "you can too".

He says it's like the 1965 TV show called: "Green Acres". Do you remember that one ?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iHl4eY7jig

68jk09

Just reflecting back a few posts above (reply # 89 )on what happened to the Rochester restaurant patrons this past Fri night 9-4-2020....I am still trying to figure this out.....streets are being closed to facilitate dining....Transit Busses have been re routed onto residential (narrow 2 way St's) ..... (often resulting in gridlock as well as some occasional road rage)....there are voluntary donations being solicited by NY for patrons to help restaurants....all to keep small business afloat which is a good thing however aside from all these well meaning attempts if the Rochester attacks on patrons & the destruction of their meals & restaurant property are allowed to continue & spread what will that do to small business ?.... WTF !

Last edited:

memory master

I can't believe, well I can, how stupid these people are, i.e. "Arresting people for no reason" and "Beating the s..t out of us." These fake, phony fraud, screaming liberal, hipster mutants think that they can do as they wish with impunity and then sue the city when they get clobbered. Don't even get me started on the court system which will apologize to them for their inconvenience of being detained.

memory master

Gee, I wonder why no arrests were made? It couldn't be that the Police were told to stand down, nah.

68jk09

Last edited: