NYC 2013 Budget

He should make sure that the ones he wants to close are the ones that would respond to his house.

dillondotcom said:
Heard that they are going to be going after the same 20 from last years budget.
I've heard 20 but no talk on which ones. I too would assume the same 20 from last year, which did include 15 engines and 5 ladders. I truly hope the city council will fight again to keep them open. I can only wonder how thin the department would have been if that brush fire on staten island two weeks ago occurred without 157 and 161 on Staten Island.

What Bloomberg should really do is cut his yearly income as mayor in half and reduce the budget for his office and staff by 50% and force City Council to cut thier salary and budgets in half as well befor he thinks of closing fire companies and other emergancy services.

116ff60 said:
What Bloomberg should really do is cut his yearly income as mayor in half and reduce the budget for his office and staff by 50% and force City Council to cut thier salary and budgets in half as well befor he thinks of closing fire companies and other emergancy services.
  He's been on a 'self-imposed" salary of one (1) dollar a year

116ff60 said:
[/quote

So you propose he gets 50 cents ;) ;)

Didnt know that. Other then that those in office should look at cutting thier Budget first. They should be the ones that work more with less.