NYC fire marshals bust reckless business owner for stash of 104 propane tanks

Since the outdoor eating has been allowed restaurants have been using outdoor propane heaters and this is an example of a new business person illegally storing propane cylinders and I’m sure selling them and refilling for many area restaurants since you cannot get propane in NYC legally. Outer Boro companies should be aware of storage sheds and trucks without markings. There was a fire on service road of expressway in queens a while ago with cylinders involved.

Definately could of been a nasty situation if they had fire there. 20lb cylinder can cause localized damage so 2300lbs very bad.
Roughly stated for visualization......if a full 20 lb (standard BBQ) propane tank were to have a BLEVE the resultant fireball could fill an entire basic Private Dwelling backyard.

Since the outdoor eating has been allowed restaurants have been using outdoor propane heaters and this is an example of a new business person illegally storing propane cylinders and I’m sure selling them and refilling for many area restaurants since you cannot get propane in NYC legally. Outer Boro companies should be aware of storage sheds and trucks without markings. There was a fire on service road of expressway in queens a while ago with cylinders involved.
Good point Mac. I didn't think of that aspect.