Old European engine in ladder 20 Quarters

was photographing the soc rebreather as it was coming from somewhere, and this caught my attention. Didnt feel like bothering the members as it was close to shift change. i took a peek in and it looks like a engine with a ladder on top. So these were the best i could do.
dsc00072800x600.jpg

dsc00082800x600.jpg

Anesti, I know I've never seen that before. Its sure new to me. I hope somebody can help us out.

Hey Anesti, have you a closer look to the engine for me, especially from the plate?
It looks like a Magirus Deutz. When is the Steuben Parade?, It is possible, that that is the reason, the engine from germany is their?

Greetings from Germany,
Holger

Lionheart said:
Hey Anesti, have you a closer look to the engine for me, especially from the plate?
It looks like a Magirus Deutz. When is the Steuben Parade?, It is possible, that that is the reason, the engine from germany is their?

Greetings from Germany,
Holger

I dont know maybe late september early october, i probaly wont be down in that area untill next friday.

anesti said:
Lionheart said:

Greetings from Germany,
Holger

I dont know maybe late september early october, i probaly wont be down in that area untill next friday. So the engine is german then??.

Sat. Sept. 25th, at 12 noon.  Parade route 5th Avenue from 67th to 86th Street.

In Manhattan, that is.  Don't go to those streets in Brooklyn!  ;D