PASS DEVICE

F

firekid52a

It may sound kind of wierd but can somone send me a pass device recording or somthing like that i just like the sound i like th e one that goes b do b dop b do bop ??? ::)

i can try to record and send it to you, but most firemen i know and myself included DON'T like the sound of a PASS alarm, unless you're using it to locate, find and pull a fallen brother from a fire building.

The only time it's GOOD to hear it, is when you're doing MOE in the firehouse and you know the alarm works when it's supposed to and how it's supposed to.

I agree.  It's like the aircrew beepers we used to hear occasionally when flying around Vietnam . . . it usually meant someone had bought it.  My least favorite radio transmission:  "Beeper, beeper: come up voice".  :'( :'(

J

jpop

Here is what the new AP75 (& NXG7's) SCOTT pass alarm sounds like.
th_HPIM0648.jpg
They changed it to have the tone alternate instead of just repeat on itself. The inital part of the tone is the same as the AP45's and AP50's as well as the NXG2's.

It actuall is a helpfull change because I found that the alternating sound helps pinpoint the direction better of where it is. It does take a bit of training and getting used to the different sounds and how to use it to your advantage.

Not a sound I would ever like to hear at a fire.

Hope this helps.