Philadelphia, PA- 4th Alarm Train Crash 05-12-15

There is a major Amtrak accident on the Northeast Corridor in Philadelphia.  Mass casualty incident and presently at 3 Alarms.  Vicinity of Frankford Avenue & Wheatsheaf Lane in Lower Northeast section of the city. Engine 7, Ladder 10, Battalion 10 first due.

HISTORICAL FOOTNOTE:  This area of the railroad is called Frankford Junction.  It is where the Atlantic City Line cuts off the Northeast Corridor.  There was a major passenger train wreck here during World War II, 1943 I think.

They do speak like their pants are on fire, but I will give them the benefit of the doubt and say the audio connection may have something to do with it.

but what do I know

SYRACUSE:  The audio is posted on PhillyFireNews.  If you listen to the first two 20 minute segments you will get the complete rundown. 

Ret Phila Lieut said:
Audio from job,,,sorry but the Phila dispatchers sound like their mouths are full of s__t half the time,,when I was still working we had some really good people in the fire communications.

http://www.phillyfirenews.com/2015/05/12/amtral-train-derails-in-philadelphia/

I agree . . . seems like 50% of the time they were speaking authentic East Coast Gibberish (apologies to Mel Brooks).  They seemed to be TRYING to speak as fast as they could . . . stupid for a dispatcher, in my humble, unexperienced and uneducated (in the fire service) opinion.  Good thing they aren't FAA controllers.

Tough to listen to. Did Philadelphia use any mutual aid from outside the City for the incident or to cover firehouses?

I'm listening to it now will post run down later after I transcribe all to paper.  Thanks to all for assistance again.  Ray really East Coast gibberish. I can't find DAT in da dictionary... rogl lol...I like that

8th victim found today,,,I was a member of the PFD for 36 1/2 yrs and in all that time we never needed mutual aid,,,,this was only a 4 alarm assignment,,,I've been to 12 alarmers and we never called for outside help. Really the only thing that was taxed was EMS,,I think they used at least 25 medic units. Not having a rundown I don't know the exact count.

RET Lt. Mike Walsh from the NYPD was one of the people severely injured on the AMTRAK train in Philly. He is in very very critical condition with severe internal injuries, broken bones etc. Yesterday he underwent seven hours of surgery . His outcome is very unknown at this time.

PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO OFFER A PRAYER FOR HIS RECOVERY & FOR THE STRENGTH OF HIS FAMILIES.